Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Just took my Yellow Belt test and…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sugapablo

You know how when someone slips or trips and falls awkwardly and someone else says, “Are you hurt?” and the response is typically, “Only my pride.”?

Well after my level one test I can honestly say that my pride is the only part of me that doesn’t hurt. 😉

On to level two!

jdr-stw

Re: Just took my Yellow Belt test and…

Congrats! I would love to hear more about how it went and what you did to prepare. My partner and I are looking at an Oct. 24th test date and are trying to pull together a training plan.

Was it what you expected? Congrats again!!

sugapablo

quote Jdr_stw:

Congrats! I would love to hear more about how it went and what you did to prepare. My partner and I are looking at an Oct. 24th test date and are trying to pull together a training plan.

Was it what you expected? Congrats again!!

Thanks!

It was probably just like you heard. Two hours reworking all the skills, making sure were worked pretty well. Ten minutes to carb up and change shirts. Then two hours of the actual test where we went over every piece of the “Yellow Belt Curriculum”.

Best thing I read beforehand was this four part article: http://www.kravmd.com/updates/krav-maga-and-testing-what-it-is-not/#.VdpHbrQSCFw

Tips to bring:

• At LEAST a liter of Gatorade.
    • At least two liters of water.
    • Something to carb up on in between at break (I brought a Clif bar, others had protein bars or fruit).
    • At least one change of shirts.
    • A couple gym towels.

Tips to prepare:

• Make sure your cardio is in check. Mine needed work. I started running 5K a couple times a week to keep up with class.
    • I’m sure your instructor gave you the yellow belt curriculum. Make sure you really know each and every one.
    • Don’t have work the next day. You’ll be sore. 🙂
    jdr-stw

That article is so much better than anything else I have seen so far – thank you for sharing!
    Likewise on the other tips. Hope you are getting a chance to put your feet up and enjoy success today ��

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: