Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    big-gene75

While I was on the Internet the other day I came across something called Russian Kettlebell training. I checked out a couple of videos and it looked pretty intense! What are you guys opinion on kettlebell training and have any of you done it or know of someone who has?

zen4me

Re: kettlebell training

quote big_gene75:

While I was on the Internet the other day I came across something called Russian Kettlebell training. I checked out a couple of videos and it looked pretty intense! What are you guys opinion on kettlebell training and have any of you done it or know of someone who has?

Kettlebells rock!!! One of the guys at KMDC is going for his RKC certification and loves to torture us with crazy kettlebell routines during the Fit and Bag classes. If you can, definitely check it out.

– Kelly

johnl-d11

Yes, KB training will kick your a$$. They have increased my hip strength/movement tremendously and everyone I roll with in BJJ has noticed and asked what I’ve been doing.

big-gene75

Funny – I just talked to a friend of my who trains college kids for the combine and things like that and he said they suck. He said it’s a fad type exercise and expect to plateau after a month or so. But I have to admit the workout videos I have seen seem pretty damn hard and intense. Looks like I’m going to have to spend the couple dollars on one and try it out for myself. Thanks for the replies guys!

One more thing – do you guys see results similar to weight training when using the kettlebells? Thanks again for the replies!

nixxon

KB’s are sweet…. Pavel is a freak of nature.

michael

KB’s are a great adjunct to training, but like everything else, I don’t thing KB’s in and of themselves are enough. There are many other facets of fitness that are needed, but they do add variety to your workouts. In the end, many of the exercises can be done with dumbbells, and I would suggest that you try the exercises for a while that can be done with DB’s before investing in KB’s. I love mine, but do a lot of other stuff as well. Much of it is just great marketing.

Here’s a good link where you can view many KB exercise vids:

http://www.artofstrength.com.

bracius

Cool site! Kind of getting the itch to start KB training now 😛

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I tried to teach class once after taking a kettlebell class… my arms were malfunctioning. I wasn’t sore they just simply did not comply with whatever I was trying to do. They had turned to rubber.

KB WILL kick your ass. I love that training.

la-revancha

Do it.

I like to do turkish get ups with 20 kg b/w rounds of Bas.

Also, make sure you have a competent instructor to supervise your initial workouts. Otherwise, you’ll jack up your shoulders like I did.

gwalsh-d92

quote big_gene75:

Funny – He said it’s a fad type exercise and expect to plateau after a month or so.

Get with a cetified (RKC) instructor and there will be no plateauing. (sp?)
    Best bang for the buck when it comes to core strength and flexibility.

garddawg

KB’s are great. But as mentioned they are only a tool. O lifting, power lifting, sand bags, beer kegs, heavy bags, dumbbells etc. All should be used in a variety of ways.

The kb is less effective than O lifts in developing the ability to violently open the hip which is key to many athletic movements as well as power in the punch, kick, and throw. Which we are obviously looking for in fighting.

On the plus side they are extremely portable and one bell can be used for a ton of different exercises.

mara-jade

KB rocks. We’ve got 2 weekly KB classes – regular KB and KB mixed with Cardiothumbsup

michael

quote garddawg:

On the plus side they are extremely portable and one bell can be used for a ton of different exercises.

That is one of their strengths, IMO. I’ll be heading out to the beach in a couple of weeks, and a couple of KB’s will be going with me.

nate

KB training is great. It gives excellent core training and it’ll kick your ass every time.

I say screw all the marketing and the hype and try out a class for yourself. You’ll see.

peterl

Hi,

I am training Kettlebell for some time, I am also RKC II. I also train KM, I link here two video, maybe that helps to decide, pro or kontra…:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCY9tSBA6tk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7mO0GS_5hA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: