Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    walker

How easy is it to bust someones knee. And where is the most effective place to kick the knee. Front, outside, or inside.

incognito

Re: kicking the knee

quote \”Walker\:

How easy is it to bust someones knee. And where is the most effective place to kick the knee. Front, outside, or inside.

If the knee’s locked out – very easy.
    If the knee’s bent – next to impossible.

In fact, I stick my knee into low kicks when I kickbox all the time to hurt the one kicking me. It’s a standard Thai Boxing technique.

pikemarsh

Incognito is right, if the knee is locked out, its very easy. Why do you think so many athletes tear their knees up? Because many athletic movements cause you to lock your knee out, and less than their own body weight can cause it to blow out.

I’d say that the easiest way to hurt someone’s knee would be to kick from the outside and down on it, which will cause the ligaments to stress the wrong way and break.

I have torn both my MCLs and LCLs in football, and believe me, its much easier to do than you would think.

aaron23

pikemarsh speaks truth. I hyperextended my knee in a freak accident when I was 15. It is true that you can screw a knee up by kicking it from the side and down, but the way it happened to me was from the front.
    Just thinking about it makes me sweat…

I don’t think I could ever kick someone like that… knees make horrible injuries…

calvin

Kicking to the knee, in fact almost stamping to the knee, if you can visualize it is one of the main tools of Savate. It can be amazingly effective, especially if you are wearing shoes or boots and get them with the front edge of the heel. If you do it right you could snap the patella, damage the cruciate ligaments or at the very least stop them from being able to chase after you.

Its very possible, but how many people are going to fight you like frankenstein with locked knees? Hit the knee, the leg, whatever you come in contact with- its a good area to strike.

caliwt

Actually alot of people do stand and move putting weight on the front leg. Also, a reaction natural in the body to loss of balance is to stand up higher, thus locking out the legs. So sometimes when people move in on you and you smash their knee, it does lock out, and their upper body continues forward.

and behind the knee is another reflex point. ever had someone come up and knee you at a party and make your leg give out, sometimes works with kicks too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: