Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Kid fights off attacker and helps id suspect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gp

Here’s the story on a kid who kept her wits about her when she was attacked:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/2007/05/15/2007-05-15_captain_kid.html

Part of the article:

Eleven-year-old Xochil Garcia kept herself ready for the worst, constantly rehearsing in her mind how she could escape an attacker or kidnapper.
    Little did she know her hours of mental preparation would pay off – possibly saving the Brooklyn girl’s life.

Last night, the 4-foot-5, 80-pound sixth-grader was hailed as a hero for fighting off an attacker twice her size – then having the wits about her to help capture the suspect.

\”I always make my plan before there’s a robbery or a kidnap[ping],\” Xochil said from her Midwood home. \”I think of a plan, like, if anybody kidnaps me, kick them back or scratch them – I’m growing my nails out. I went with Plan B.\”
    Plan B meant yanking backward with all her might as Bernard Mutterperl, 19, allegedly grabbed her in her apartment stairwell Sunday, dragged her into the lobby and tried to take her to another set of stairs leading to the roof.
    But Mutterperl, who stands 6-foot-2, had picked the wrong target.

\”I always tell her, whatever happens, whatever these men do, don’t go with them for anything,\” said mom Martha Hernandez. \”Thank God she knows how to defend herself.\”
    ——-

Being mentally prepared certainly paid off for this young lady.

smokelaw1

Re: Kid fights off attacker and helps id suspect.

quote \”gp\:

\”I always tell her, whatever happens, whatever these men do, don’t go with them for anything,\” said mom Martha Hernandez. \”Thank God she knows how to defend herself.\”

Good for your Mom. Your words and your daughter’s prepared mindset may have saved you both from unspeakable trauma.

maskedkat

Smart kid, smart mom!
    I’ve always said, I’d much rather be shot in the back running from a potential rapist/murderer than go to the \”secondary crime scene\” for hours of torture.

I love stories like this.

giant-killer

She could be a Krav Maga kid….. 😈

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: