Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maf1960

Besides Enough and current film Alex Cross, have there been any other movies that featured Krav Maga? BTW – Madea speaks very highly of his KM training; only 1 hour per day, 3 days per week = 30 LBS weight loss was an added benefit.

bear34

Re: KM in movies?

The only movie that I have ever seen where Krav Maga looks like what I have been taught is “The Debt.”

Not a movie but…

Cyril: Hey, will I get to learn Karate?
    Archer: Karate: the Dane Cook of martial arts? No. ISIS agents use Krav Maga. We got an ex-Mossad guy who comes in on Thursdays.
    Cyril: Neato.
    Archer: Yeah. Tuesdays he comes in for a really rigorous spin class.
    (From Archer, the Adult Swim cartoon.)

And pretty sure this isn’t Krav Maga but the fights in To Live and Die in LA (GREAT MOVIE btw) are some of the best I’ve ever seen and look/feel similar to what we do in terms of realistic combatives, aggression, mindset, using the environment, even some crude gun/knife defenses. Specifically the Willem Dafoe/Steve James brawl at the house in South Central, and when John Turturro owns William L. Petersen at the hospital. The whole clip is SUPER NSFW so I won’t link it here, but if you go to YouTube and search for To Live and Die in LA (1985) part 6, the first fight can be seen at the very start of the clip, the last one at the 6:10 mark.

Better yet, do yourself a favor and just rent the movie. It’s excellent.

resqr1

Not a movie, but The Unit has Krav all over the last season. The fight between Mack and the Colonel was awesome.

kevinmack

I have seen two different KM techniques in two different episodes of SVU.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: