Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vicious
    kmtakinkm

I saw the episod on Mauy Thai and it was very interesting. Lots of elbow and knees, ala Krav.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”KMtakinKM\:

I saw the episod on Mauy Thai and it was very interesting. Lots of elbow and knees, ala Krav.

Kinda got that backwards 😀

carpecanis

I thought the Mauy Thai episode was interesting, but a little disappointing.
    They did a good job of covering the history of the art, and the major role that the modern sport of Mauy Thai Boxing plays in Thai culture. I was hoping for more details but I guess there’s only so much you can cover in 1hr, especially when you have 10-15min worth of commercials.

I did find the elbow & knee similarities between MT and KM to be pretty neat. I wonder if these were borrowed from MT… or perhaps they’re similar since there are only so many ways you can use your body parts as weapons. I did notice that they hit with the tip of the elbow, instead of using the forearm, just shy of the elbow, as I was taught for KM. (Guess I should check the official KM book to see if I learned it correctly!)

eric-joyce

The first show was pretty good. I look forward to the other sections. I especially like the demonstration in Uechi Ryu Karate. Pretty intense. I saw the Krav Maga section and was happy to see some representation. I was curious, did anyone from the History Channel contact anyone here in the US to discuss Krav Maga? I see they have some other schools (Moni’s and another) Just curious. Maybe John or Darren may know. All good stuff.

clfmak

I liked it, especially when they show the hanuman punch to the regular muay thai instructor and he sort of shakes his head. I’m excited to see the one in the Phillipines.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: