Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I live in SD and as some may know is one of the states that does not have a KM class anywhere. I have resorted to teaching myself with the 5 KM DVD set. I was wondering if there are any other DVDs that are a little more advaced.

unstpabl1

After spending time with the Complete Krav Maga book, these guys just released.I think you would get more from it than any video I’ve seen. The pictures and descriptions are excellent and conducive to learning the system. Get yourself some Bas Rutten dvds after for conditioning and combos and if your dedicated it could take you far. Highly recommend the book. And remember I’m not a krav guy so I’m not biased, if I thought it was shit, I’d say so 😀

kravjeff

Agree with both the book and the Bas set !!!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

And donít forget the techniques forum if you have any questions or are looking for specific scenarioís.

Feel free to ask questions theres plenty of senior ranks here in the forums not to mention John Whitman the co-author of the book.

Welcome to the forums~

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”kravjeff\:

Agree with both the book and the Bas set !!!

😯 OH OH 😕 Not I’m not sure of my answer 😆 Jeff agrees with me 😛 😆

freelancer

I train using the videos as well. I have found it usefull to use training aids to help visuallize some of the moves.

I took one of my sons water noodles, you know the foam rods they play with at the pool, and put an aluminum rod down the middle and duct taped the whole thing and when I want to use it, I attach it to my heavy bag using a curved piece of metal that wraps around it. Sounds a little cheesey I know but it does help to have something to actually block/hold on to. There is also a hole at the end to insert a knife etc.

I also can’t say enough about the Bas tapes. Like the other guys said, they are a great tool and I beleive help your reaction time not to mention leaving you drenched in sweat.

PM me if you get the chance.

mara-jade

Have you got Imi’s book? Those have more info on weapons defenses – great stuff

Krav Maga
    How to Defend Yourself Against Armed Assault

I love the books but I kinda wish(just joking). the new KM book pictures could be made into a flip book so you actually SEE the moves done..THAT would rock 😆

giant-killer

Wow, I think you may be on to something. 😆

full-force

Are you guys talking about MMA Workout CD and DVD by Bas Rutten?

giant-killer

No. These are the Krav Maga DVDs that show each Krav Maga move in detail from beginning to advanced.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

No. These are the Krav Maga DVDs that show each Krav Maga move in detail from beginning to advanced.

I mentioned the bas tapes and the book. So yes 😛 I thought the book gives better detail and easier to work with. The Bas stuff for conditioning and combos.

sinias

Where at in SD are you?

full-force

[quote=\”Giant Killer\”]No. These are the Krav Maga DVDs that show each Krav Maga move in detail from beginning to advanced.

Where do you get these DVDs from?

giant-killer

You can probably order them over the main site or get them at a local KM school. You could also google them, there should be some different sites that offer them.

full-force

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: