Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge KMOR Fighter Wins Pro Debut

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kirsten

I am so proud of this guy, (well of all my guys really) he won his first pro debut at Sportfight 25 which Matt ìthe Lawî Lindland is the promoter of. He won by one of the BRMMA arm-bars from the guardÖ But by one that he seldom ever trains onÖ Which made it even more awesome for us to watch.

He is the guy you show something once to and he has it, puts it in his toolbox, then pulls it out at the craziest time! Sherdog.com did a nice article on it and if you scroll down you will see a nice pic of the submission. My fighter Casey Marique is on the bottom wrenching the opponents arm out of the socket.

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/miranda-takes-middleweight-crown-at-sportfight-25-16857

And I just learned we swept the submission tourney today tooñ but I donít have all the results yet… I will post that as I get them.

simon

Re: KMOR Fighter Wins Pro Debut

Thats great congrats to you and your fighters!

bull1189

Great news – congrats to you and your team(s)!

skelegirl

That is awesome to hear!!! Congrats!!!

kirsten

Thanks guys… One has the results on the submission tourney… I am hoping he will post that up for everyone.

mara-jade

Dang, how cool – congrats to them!

kirsten

Hi guys… Oneness has been really busy but he promises he will get the results from the grappling tourney up in the next few days. But “Pro MMA” did a great article on Sportfight 25 and took a great pic of Casey (kinda gross to see the other guys arm), just scroll down and you will see him. Just under the pic they mention the fight and arm-bar he used to beat the Team Quest fighter.

http://promma.info/index.php/2009/04/05/sportfight-xxv-highlights-and-results/

Thanks for all the positive notes! 😉

benelli

Hi Kirsten

Congratulations to yours and Onenessís fighters. Iíve had the pleasure of training with Oneness at a seminar he was conducting and I can certainly see why they are so successful compared to other teams who seem to dabble in MMA training as an offshoot of whatever their traditional martial arts core business is.

Would you mind taking the time to explain a little more about how your fighters training differs or is that a trade secret? LOL

I ask because it seems that because MMA is ìmixed martial artsî people seem to train all over the place with different combinations of disciplinesí but Im curious what your take would be as a well rounded fighter? It seems like cross training one day in BJJ and the next in Muay Thai would be over simplifying things.

Thanks for taking your time to educate this old soldier.

oneness

Sorry for taking so long to get back, but we have another fight this weekend and I was prepping our fighter.

The subleague: we had two finish first in their division and qualify for the championship in June.The other fighter, whom is fighting this weekend had all draws and didnt get hurt which is what I wanted from him. He will get first at the next qualifier and be ready for June.

Our last competitor had never competed at anything and had some draws and got caught a twice in the novice division. We are proud of him for just getting in there. He did get all the takedowns though. In this novice division, the last guy Jerrod went against was a pro fighter? I know, WTF? He hung in there until about 30 seconds left in the round and then got caught in a strong calf crank. next time!

kirsten

Thanks Benilli!

Here is what I think.

I think why we do so well is many reasons… We have amazing coaches like Bryan Schiller who works on the wrestling aspect with the fighters. Bryan is the real deal and a collegiate teammate of Matt Lindland’s. He has a tangible history. You have to be careful because instructors throw out random credentials like “collegiate champion” or “all American” but never give the year, state, school, weight class, organization, etc. You HAVE to check their credentials. You wouldn’t buy a car and not check it out. I think people make a mistake by either ignoring the importance of wrestling in MMA or by using a coach without a real track record in competing and in teaching wrestling. Bryan is always training in wrestling and staying current within it.

Oneness has the ground aspect with the Bas Rutten MMA System and the fact is, if you apply those techniques to your fight– you will win. Bas and Oneness work so hard to constantly evolve the system to meet the new styles being brought in to MMA. His stand up is exactly like Bas and he makes sure the guys get the stand up skills they need based on their individual style. He is constantly training with true warriors like Benji Radich and Duane Ludwig and Hector Pena. Then I am there to bark orders and bring them all to the barf bucket on a regular basis (I am the secret weapon). 😉

I think the most important part is that we focus on specific areas each and leave certain things to certain instructs, but cross train in everything. We also have two awesome Krav Maga instructors that allow us to put energy into the MMA program too. We see that MMA is popular and every school is adding MMA to their existing program or opening centers. They are not very successful because they really don’t know what they are doing and the proof is in the fighters stats. Here in my area we have several such schools and none of them have much for wins. We are the only local place that has 5 titles and our fighters have never lost a title defense.

The school’s team is “Complete Combat Fight Team” and those guys all train so well together. They prep each other for fights, step in to help coach if needed, and really push each other hard. They compete in submission tourneys and this last one several of them came in first in their class. This keeps them on par with the ground game and they get in many fight matches in one day, compared to an MMA fight. It really builds their confidence and experience on the ground. We have a HUGE 12,000 sq. foot dedicated gym area where they can do cardio and lift free weights or selectorized weights, the facility is 18,000 sq foot with an additional 10,000 sq foot that is undeveloped. So they have plenty of area to workout and find a space to train when they need to.

MMA is always evolving and the fight training in one system or style is not enough. You have to be current, stay current and always train. People tend to rest on their laurels and fail to move out of their personal glory days and into what is happening now in fighting. They hold their fighters back. And to be honest, not everyone that wants to fight should fight. Some people just don’t have what it takes and that is what I am really good at. I will weed you out in a heartbeat if you lack the mental or physical aspect. The ring is not for “dumb” fighters or people scared of being hit or unable to dig deep. You have to build the correct people for MMA. Hitting the pads pretty is not what makes a fighter… It’s easy to hit a pad that stands still and doesn’t hit back.

Some of those guys realize they love submission fighting and make the switch to the grappling part of the fight team. Others want to be king of the “tough man”, big man in the little pond, the “bar room brawler” and quit after the repeated hard trainings. I push them til they either quit, go somewhere else or stay. Its the “stay” guy that I want. The vast majority of the guys in the MMA program do not want to fight and have no interest in it, but they want to train in MMA. These guys are really good and push the fighters hard. You need these guys too- so beware the school that ignores everyone but the fighters and puts them above all other students.

The days of having boxing, MT and BJJ alone at your center are over if you are trying to build fighters. These alone do not work, you need more. But as for specifics on training and building fighters and programs… You have to come train with us 😉 but call in advance because the coaches and Oneness are training a lot of guys right now. But we do have team tryouts coming up soon! 🙂

kirsten

I didn’t see One had already posted… LOL

Nice avator. 🙂

kirsten

Its been a busy, busy few weeks! A couple of you were asking how Billy did, so here you go…

We just had another fighter, Billy Denny fight at the Annihlation Cage Fights in Roseburg Oregon this last Saturday. He was the only fighter from our fight team on the card. It was his 3rd ammature fight and it went all three rounds to a decision in Billy’s favor. Oneness and I are really proud of him. He worked crazy hard and trained like a mad man to get this win. I should have video highlights up on my youtube account in the next week or two of his fight.

I am a proud mama bear! 🙂

oneness

I wanted to add to this to maybe give some others some inspriation if needed.

Billy fights at 170 lbs and came to us 2 years ago at over 240 lbs. Yes, he has lost over 60 lbs. He was so out of shape. The other thing is that he is short for the 170 lb division, he is only 5′ 6″ and most are 6′ to 6 2″. As we all know this puts you at a big disadvantage to fight someone that is taller and has more leverage.

Like a lot of people, Billy doesn’t pick concepts and movements up very fast. Becasue of this, he is the first one to class and the last one to leave. Most of the fighters train 3-4 days a week. Billy trains 7 days a week. He runs, lifts and takes major beatings from the guys. He truly is the little brother that gets picked on by the older brothers.

He is no longer intimidated by anyone or anything. There is nothing that can be done in the ring that has not been done to him in class. He has been knocked out, submitted and been brusied by his teammates more than the guy across the ring could ever do to him in 9 minutes.

It was a great victory for him but also for all his teammates. They all wanted this win for him.

Just goes to show you, if you don’t have natural talent- then have a great work ethic and you will reach the goals you set for yourself.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: