Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    brotherobin

I took my oldest two boys (9 and 12) to their first KMX class today and it ROCKED! They loved it… and the instructor, Josh, is awesome with kids! If anybody in AZ is considering Krav for your kids (or yourself for that matter), these guys (and girls) ROCK! Check ’em out @ http://www.reactdefense.com

lor

I *wish* we had Krav for kids around here. I’ve been searching, and all I can find is Karate with a slant towards self defense.

Some is better than none, of course. I’m glad your kids had fun!

brotherobin

Yeah… it’s fairly new here. A new location recently opened up a lot closer to home so we jumped on it. By the way, i like your name… that’s my daughter’s middle name… she’s got about 8 years to go, but i’m lookin’ forward to her \”gettin’ her krav on\” too. 😀

lor

Thanks! 🙂

My girls are 10 and 7, and the 10 year old is chomping at the bit to get into class with me (she has to wait 3 more years). Until then, I have to keep searching for a place or perhaps consider private lessons.

My husband offered to set our basement up with a couple of heavy bags so I could 1) practice and 2) share some ideas with the kids. That might have to do until Kids Krav opens up around here.

Tell your boys my daughter is *way* jealous! 😀

brotherobin

Ha 😆 will do. Sounds like a good idea, sharing some skills with your kids at home. Some good bonding time too.

ffdo

I spend a couple hours a week working KM techniques with my kids. There is not a KM place where they live and it was that or TKD for them here. (My older son started Kung Fu when he was six but that isn’t do-able anymore with me not living near them now so it is me or nothing…… I watched a few KM for kids classes and set their training up somewhat like the schools. They really look forward to it and my older son has actually used the training once against a bully. Unfortunately, I cannot get my daughter interested in it…..

JC

brotherobin

That’s cool, getting them started young. If i could get my younger two sons in there now… and afford it… i would.

ffdo

The five and a half hear old really loves it. At that age it is mostly play rather than serious technique. But, you can teach a lot of reflexive ‘technique’ with play that they will have later. (wax on, wax off stuff sort of……) Though, I do have to wear a cup even with him now as he has that kick down, LOL…..

JC

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: