Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Knee limitation and level testing…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rfc

Hi Folks,

This question is mainly directed toward any/all instructors or those who know about the rules of level testing…

My left knee has a limited ability to withstand a rotational stress. This has been a life-long glitch that causes an immediate, intense pain that is absolutely debilitating. One of these days, I’d like to get it checked-out but, I’ve managed to live with it and work around it all my adult life. My walk, gate etc. are otherwise not effected.

Yesterday, we practiced the “Choke from Behind with a Push” maneuver and this triggers the problem and puts my knee in danger of serious pain that would drop me to the floor.

So far, I’ve been exposed to all of the level 1 maneuvers; none of which, trigger this problem. I’m easily and comfortably able to work-around this for all the other techniques except this one.

Here’s a question… If I decide to pursue KM to the next level (a very, very likely scenario) will I be able to pass the test if I’m unable to perform that maneuver?

TIA

Ray

leejam99

Re: Knee limitation and level testing…

r u saying when you step forward to get your base when u are pushed is when your knee hurts?

if so, why not train to step with your right leg and rotate to the other side.

rfc

Hi James.

Nope. As I start to pivot, the pain becomes intense about mid-way through the rotation.

kmky

i think i only pivot on the base leg, so leejam99’s suggestion of using the other leg as a pivot should solve the problem. if not, your instructor might be able to tweak the move to alleviate some of the pressure on your leg.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: