Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rav373

I’ve come across some good and bad martial arts training in the past in terms of defending against a knife attack. I did find this video on a guy name Ryan Hoover of Fit-to-Fight Krav Maga. So I’m assuming he’s somehow affiliated to Krav Maga.

The video wasn’t bad in content, it was quick to the point. Ryan showed a couple of versions on the defending this attack.

The first was just a basic:

• Redirect
      Stun
      Run

The second method had to do more with the control part, when things get out of hand when you’re forced to fight due to your environment, like being in a more confine space. Ryan demonstrates the Two on One control, combined with staying on the outside position to easily defend vs standing in front of the attacker.

This two on one, I recognize coming from Greco-Roman wrestling and Karl Tanswell, a Straight Blast Gym affiliate from the UK. Karl had come up with the knife defense system called “STAB”. Now I’m not here to call out anybody to say who gets the credit, just pointing out the techniques/principles that are taught have transcended from different systems of martial arts or sport wrestling.

Anyways, the material was well shot with good quality and music in the background. Hats off to Ryan for sharing good stuff. (I have never met Ryan). Earlier I mentioned Karl Tanswell, yes I have met him at a seminar at Portland, OR with the Straight Blast Gym. Was an awesome seminar.

Almost forgot here’s the link to that story on knife defense by Ryan Hoover
    http://bit.ly/wsjSurviveKnife

Let me know what knife defense system that you’ve come across.

maddogmean

Re: Knife Defense

I’ve done two seminars with Ryan Hoover. He’s an awesome instructor.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: