Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics knife defenses seminar in MD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dckm

yesterday i had the privilege of attendin a knife defenses seminar taught by Otis. to say he’s good is an understatement. he’s a beast. if i meet him in a dark alley, i’m shooting his ass. he knows to many ways to inflict pain.

the 1st hour was combatives and i didn’t think i’d make it thru. after throwing about 200 punches and close to 250 kicks i was just about spent. oh and i forgot about the knees and then following up with 2 front kicks, then 2 knees to stop the attacker.

next up was knife attacks. AWE-FRIGGIN-SOME.
    then we learned defenses. the sweet thing about km is once u have the inside and 360 defenses down pat, you can defend against anything. so we next worked on that, the inside defense against a lunging attacker. then we worked on the overhand stab attempt. then we worked on the choke with a knife defense. i’m good at the pluck so this came fairly easily for me. and finally the last drill we had to lay on our stomachs with the attacker on our back with the knife to our throat. with each technique you add the combatives, control the weapon take it away and beat the attackers ass. what i really liked about it is once you have the attacker you can break his wrist hand, fingers etc and he will let that knife go and regret attacking you.

all in all it was a great experience. my only wish was for it to be videotaped so i could practice the techniques.

another highlight was working against my instructors. the really solidified my training, Pete, Phil, Jeff, Shawn and Andy, and KM NOVA are all certified bad asses. welp, that’s about all i can type cuz my wrists are still sore from yesterday.

kirk

Re: knife defenses seminar in MD

DAMN IT!! I was suppose to go but life got in the way! I hate it when life gets in the way of Krav!!

I went ot Phase with Phil and Andy, great guys. I was hoping to see them again on Sunday. You are right Otis is the man and is a surpreme bad ass.

Now that I am good and mad I’m gonna make my class work extra hard tonight!

dckm

Re: knife defenses seminar in MD

quote Kirk:

DAMN IT!! I was suppose to go but life got in the way! I hate it when life gets in the way of Krav!!

I went ot Phase with Phil and Andy, great guys. I was hoping to see them again on Sunday. You are right Otis is the man and is a surpreme bad ass.

Now that I am good and mad I’m gonna make my class work extra hard tonight!

sorry you missed it. i’ve seen some videos from columbia and was looking forward to training with you guys.

yeah i really like training with phil. i learned alot getting my ass kicked by him and jeff yesterday. it’s awesome to get to train against your instructors as opposed to students. seems like i learned faster and better watching them work and attack me.

there should be some pics posted on their website, and hopefully some of the video will make it to youtube.
    i think i may train at least once a month with otis.
    the guy’s a great instructor and just a few things he showed me yesterday have me blasting the pads with the front kick to a vertical target and it’s paying dividends.
    i only wish to get to level 3 asap so i can practice this stuff on a regular basis. i may even take an arnis class or 2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: