Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ffdo

There will be a KM article in SWAT magazine next month. Don’t know who it is by or if it will be any good but go to Barns and Noble, look for the Soldier of Fortune section and pick up a SWAT magazine and take a look…..

JC

anonymous

There’s a \”soldier of fortune\” section at Barnes and Nobles? 😆

Sounds like fun, I’ll check it out!

johnwhitman

It was done by one of our people. It’s a pretty good article.

minkai

Can we read it online somewhere? Just checked the SWATwebsite – nothing there. 🙁

anonymous

Why didn’t you write it, John?

anonymous

Okay, found the article! Turns out, it was quite informative. For example, I had no idea that Jon Pascal was routinely referred to as \”Satan\”. 😯

There were two interesting pictures. On the first, the defender has made a gun takeaway and is now in a \”defensive position\”, but he lies on the ground, with his legs spread apart, pointing the gun sideways at a kneeling suspect (who seems to be pretending to hold another gun). What was the context there?

The other showed an attacker with a gun mounted on the victim. Do we actually have a specific defense for that situation? Redirect, then trap and roll, take the gun? Shoot the guy, if you are in the guard and can’t make distance?

They also talk about gun retention techniques. How do they work? While they would be generally more important for officers to learn, I was wondering if we could ever do them in regular class. Just in case I’m the good guy with the gun and the bad guy tries to take it (or tries to get it back after I have taken it from him, before I’m able to get away).

kravmdjeff

Giant, yeah, in Barnes and Noble the \”soldier of fortune\” is right next to the \”international drug lord\” section.

Of course, in Borders, they simply call it the \”mercenary\” section. They like to simplify things.

anonymous

Turns out \”soldiers of fortune\” is a magazine. Didn’t have a KM article in it, though.

mara-jade

Thanks for the heads up! I gotta check that out! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: