Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav as anger management

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Howdy,
    I’m your typical 21 year old prototype pissed off Irish guy, and there are more than a few people that stand at the ready 24-7 to tell myself and others this fact. Krav, however, has served as one hell of an outlet for this anger and aggression, and dare I say, has mellowed me out in the everyday. I was just wondering if anyone else has felt this, cuz I’m not gonna lie I’m likin it. I get to go and just kick ass a couple nights a week, and it makes the mundane grievances I deal with on the day-to-day either less important or just fuel for the fire. I’ve also noticed that since I’m not harboring a lot of that anger inside and carrying the same drop o’the hat and fight demeanor I’ve had less douche-bag esque moments that I’ve had to deal with. Guess that change in attitude’s working, since working in retail and in training to be a middle school teacher heaps a lot of bull ****ake on you on a regular basis. Here’s to not getting in(or looking for) a fight in some time; as well as knowing that because of Krav I’ll be able to handily hold my own should one arise.
    :jerry:

mara-jade

Re: Krav as anger management

I got one for you – Krav as Marriage Therapy – it works!thumbsuprofl2

kirsten

Training is good marriage therapy. I met my husband when I was instructing at my old school and he was a student. Been together every since.. 16 years this summer. He is my favorite training partner. I even punched him in the face last week! Nothing says “I love you” like a right straight. “The family that kicks together, sticks together” lol

bjelder

I’m Irish too but not quite as….. intense….

geary

quote mara_jade:

I got one for you – Krav as Marriage Therapy – it works!thumbsuprofl2

Heck yeah it works as marriage therapy. It had brought my wife and myself much closer in the past two weeks. We now have something we both love doing and can help eachother get through on a daily basis. We share aches and pains and skills and gains. It has been an awesome experience to finish a tough drill and high five my wife thereafter.

I am extremely happy we chose to do this.

smokelaw1

Both points being discussed here, I have found as well.
    Anger: I have a temper. An ugly, mean, counter-productive, might get me in a LOT of trouble someday temper. I tend to let things build up and pressurize in side me, and then explode in rather unfortunate ways. Krav has 1) made me a lot less likely to let things get bad in the first place. Deal with the threat…it translates to other areas of my life, and 2) I get to go let my frustrations out three times a week, as hard as I want. It’s the best outlet I have ever found.

Marriage: I have worked bags and strikes with my wife, and it was awesome. I would LOVE to get her to come to Krav, but hs edoens’t want any part of it.

geary

It’s great for my wife when I am her partner but not so much for me. She is 5’2″ 130 lbs and I am 6’3″ 280 lbs. I have been through the ringer in my life when it comes to fitness and fight training. She has almost no fitness training and zero fight training. So when it comes time for me to hit someone, a switch has to take place or I would break her little body. What we as students need to remember is to remind the bigger and stronger folks not to crush the smaller folks. This week there was a full grown man throwing full power straight jabs on my wife while she held the pad. ARE YOU SERIOUS DUDE? I had to take the pad from my wife so she didn’t get her sternum broken. Now the guy continued to unload on me but there was no negative effect.

Yeah we want the best possible workout for ourselves and eachother but not at the expense of hurting someone. This program is designed for us to protect ourselves and learn how to avoid being hurt. So my wife getting pounded on by a full size man is defeating the purpose.

Keep this is mind next time you start exchanging punches.

cigaro78

Mmmmm. I don’t know about this one. My understanding is that KM is about aggressiveness and brutality yes, but *controlled* aggressiveness and brutality. The capacity to go from 0 to 100 in no time at all, and then get back down to 0 just as fast.

I’m sure I would want to train with someone who has genuine anger problem, and somehow tries to injure you just because he can. Actually I take that back, I’d like to train with someone like that, but only because it would only motivate me to get better and kick his ass in return 🙂

geary

quote Cigaro78:

Mmmmm. I don’t know about this one. My understanding is that KM is about aggressiveness and brutality yes, but *controlled* aggressiveness and brutality. The capacity to go from 0 to 100 in no time at all, and then get back down to 0 just as fast.

I’m sure I would want to train with someone who has genuine anger problem, and somehow tries to injure you just because he can. Actually I take that back, I’d like to train with someone like that, but only because it would only motivate me to get better and kick his ass in return 🙂

I am not exactly sure who Cigaro’s response was responding to but none the less, I am urged to think back to my high school football days. I was a line backer and I loved nothing more than to absolutely unload on and destroy halfbacks, fullbacks and QB’s. I had to be told time and time again as a kid not to crush my own teamates during drills in practice. To the point where they gave our QB a safety vest to wear so we wouldn’t hurt him. Krav Maga is practice for the real thing. Intensity is crucial to our success but again I must say, do so appropriately.

Cigaro’s usage of the word “controlled” is perfect. Get out your frustrations, benefit as much as possible, learn to be destructive but don’t injure or dismantle your own team in the process. Especially if they are a 2nd week 130 lb girl and you are a level 2 or 3 200 lb man.

Roger that!

bjelder

Hey Geary- is your avatar Junie Browning’s hand?

geary

Why yes it is. I am tossing around the idea of a grenade tattoo. I have a couple in mind and the other is in my pictures album. I wouldn’t get it on my hand though. Probably an addition to my arms collage. What do you think?

bjelder

quote Geary:

Why yes it is. I am tossing around the idea of a grenade tattoo. I have a couple in mind and the other is in my pictures album. I wouldn’t get it on my hand though. Probably an addition to my arms collage. What do you think?

I definitely wouldn’t get it on your hand. I don’t know how old you are or what you do for a living but hand tats are a bad idea if you want to do anything professional (suit and tie etc)

I think any tattoo on the inside of the bicep looks pretty cool.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: