Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Krav Changing My Life

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kirk

Where do I start?

Well I took the intro class roughly 4 weeks ago and I was sold from day one. Just from a pure Martial/Self Defense, Krav Maga is exactly what I have been looking for, what I’ve wanted to train in for a very long time. I was tired of the forms of Kung Fu from where I looked good performing but was never taught the Martial application of the techniques. I felt that if I or my family was attacked in the street the out come would not be favorable.

Let me go back a little furtherÖ

In January I weighed my heaviest at 255 and I decided that I need to change my life. I was over weight, I had low self esteem, I was tired a lot, my health was at risk because of family history, etc… For my beautiful wife and daughter I knew it was time for me to make a change.

I changed my diet, I started exercising, and this routine became my new religion. Long story short I lost 55lbs by the end of May. At this point I knew I wanted to get into Krav Maga and prayed that I could find Krav in my area, little did I know that only 7 miles away from me is Krav Maga of Maryland.

4 weeks into my training Iím in better shape than I have ever been. I have a ton of energy, I have more confidence in being able to defend myself and Iíve made some great friends and training partners.

kirk

Re: Krav Changing My Life

Come to find out that a guy that Iíve trained with a few times works in the same area as I do, and ran into him during lunch. While talking to him about our classes and instructors, I was telling him how inspirational it was for me during my first painful week of training was this ìolder warriorî kicking ass and taking names in lvl 2 classes. Right then and there he and his wife walk up, looking tough as nails, wearing his Krav pants and jumped right into our conversation. All commenting how we canít wait till the next class!

These are the bonds that I cherish, that have formed in tough training sessions that not only condition our bodies but our minds and buildís this common warrior spirit.

I just want to thank all the instructors all over Krav Maga World Wide who train and work so hard.

I also want to thank all of the instructors of Krav Maga of Maryland (Owings Mills) for making it great place to train, a great environment, and my new sanctuary!

mara-jade

Congrats on finding something that you love to train in and it makes you happy all the way aroundthumbsup

Hubby and I lost 50 pounds initially once we got going. Lately it’s gotten a little hard to lose that next 20-30 but we just keep working at it.

Yup – thanks to all the instructors who give of their time to help all to be safe for ourselves and our families I know I can say it does NOT go un-noticed:wav:

unstpabl1

I lost 110 lbs. Not sure if its krav related though. Heres what happened.

One dayI was causing meyhem on the krav forum and drinking a couple beers. My girlfriend says we need to talk. Oh Oh thats never good.

She says we need to start budgeting our money. I said okay what do you propose? She said that i need to quit drinking beer as that would save us a lot of money. I thought thats kinda of dumb, but I wasn’t dumb enough to say it. Anyway I’m fairly bright, so I said fine and stopped drinking beer:(: Been like a month now and she was right about the money. We’ve saved maybe $70.

Today i came home and found a bill for her make up. She spent $250 on frikken make up. :banghead:So I confronted her about it. What happened to the budget. I said “whats up with me having to give up beer while you waste $250 on make up”. She said “Mike I buy the make up to look good for you.”
    So I told her “What the hell do you think the beer was for”:beer:

You all think she’s coming back:confused: Anyway I blame it on krav:wav:

Kirk you rock man. Congratulations on the Lifestyle change. You just proved there isn’t anything you can’t accomplish. Great stuff man

I’m gonna drink a beer to celebrate your success as soon as I can find my wallet….:confused: Oh,Oh…I think she took my wallet..er an my dog…um an my truck…..Oh well, least I got ya’ all and the start of a great country song…AAHH crap she took my dang guitar too:OhMy:

stevetuna

Great story, Kirk – keep it going!

I agree that one of the best things about KM is the people that you meet (and beat…).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: