Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Krav Curriculum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    theduke

I’m a new student and was curious on how consistant the curriculum is for each KM worldwide affiliated school. My friend’s beef with some of the schools is that they just use the name and teach whatever style the instructor uses. Basically saying that some of the “hardcore” stuff in the books/videos are often not taught. He does MMA and tried out Krav Maga and walked away saying the guy was just teaching Muay Thai with little street self defense.

peterako

Re: Krav Curriculum

Well it has been stated before very nicely on here, and that is: a style is only as good as the instructor that is teaching it. Regardless of what the style is, make sure the instructor is reliable. A solid taekwondo class that is street-saftey oriented may be much better than a “krav” titled class. I’m getting a little off-tangent though, as if as long as you are comparing a krav maga class under a renowned organization, such as KMWW, IMKA, etc, then you aren’t going to run into too many problems concerning krav. Most of the curriculum is going to be identical, especially the beginner stuff in level 1.

rx8guy

Re: Krav Curriculum

Most people go into a Krav class and think its going to teach them how to be a badass and cover gun knife and other advanced things. What most peopel fail to realize is each level builds on one another. Level 1 for me at this point is boring basic stuff. With that said you need those basic skills ground into your muscle memory in order to be able to do counters and ground work.

Also your only as good as you train. Keep that in mind.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: