Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    farhan

Is there a difference between ‘Krav Maga’ Gloves (http://www.revgear.com/product/745/krav_maga_boxing_gloves) and your normal boxing gloves.

I noticed it in terms of shape after one of my instructors pointed it out.

Assuming there is a difference, I was wondering how that translates into a punch?

kirsten

Re: Krav Gloves

I stock this glove and I love them.. (well the generic brand, not the KM- but its the same) This glove has an excellent price point and we carry it in 14oz so they can spar with it or use it in striking class. They seem to be holding up well.

I did order their new shin guards for a student the other day and I was very impressed with them when they came in. They looked identical to my Thunder brand shin guards… I plan on ordering several more to keep in stock.

Just my .02 as a school owner.

farhan

Hey Kirsten, I love to read your comments and look forward to your insight. I was asking more along the lines, if the glove had a different shape and if so, did that translate into a change in the way you ‘Clinch’ your fist, or angle your wrist while punching.

kirsten

Ahh… More coffee needed I think. Well along that line let me expand on my post just a bit… I noticed these have more length for the fingers and that can inhibit your ability to make a strong fist when punching if you have smaller hands. My old KM gloves are the same, and I wear my mma gloves under them to offer more support. They do not change my striking angle at all.

Do you feel like you are changing your striking because of using this glove?

stickfig13

quote Farhan:

Is there a difference between ‘Krav Maga’ Gloves (http://www.revgear.com/product/745/krav_maga_boxing_gloves) and your normal boxing gloves.

I noticed it in terms of shape after one of my instructors pointed it out.

Assuming there is a difference, I was wondering how that translates into a punch?

I love those gloves! They are the best gloves I’ve used.

farhan

quote Kirsten:

Ahh… More coffee needed I think. Well along that line let me expand on my post just a bit… I noticed these have more length for the fingers and that can inhibit your ability to make a strong fist when punching if you have smaller hands. My old KM gloves are the same, and I wear my mma gloves under them to offer more support. They do not change my striking angle at all.

Do you feel like you are changing your striking because of using this glove?

I agree with you regarding the finger size. I feel its harder for me to clinch my fist. And as a result during extended Mitt work, my fingers are sore. Also, I have noticed with these gloves I have to be reminded to punch with my top two knuckles.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: