Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav in New York Times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jjbklb

Sunday’s NY Times pg. 6 in Styles section ran an article titled,”Trading Kicks for Deadly Force” by Lynnnley Browning.

More parents are opting out of sending their children to karate classes in favor of Krav Maga,which “started in the Jewish quarter of Nazi-infested Bratislava,then part of Czechoslovakia”.

Good article with the exception of the comment,”Because Krava Maga is still a mom-and-pop business,no one tracks how many studios have opened in recent years….”

greenbeanie

Re: Krav in New York Times

Trading Karate Kicks for Deadly Force.

gunsotsu

“Stranger danger.” A term coined to dupe morons out of even more money.

bradm

Tuition, $2000.00 a year ($166.00 a month)??? Sounds a little steep for a kids class to me.

ryan

It’s only steep if people aren’t willing to pay it. Different markets, different expectations. It’s all relevant.

unstpabl1

NY real estate is extremely expensive, thus the rates more than likely.rent is ridiculous. BJJ/MMA in L.A. is about $200 a month. If you go complete krav w/ fight and fitness class your almost that here. I’m sure it wouldn’t cost that much in Mississippi

quote unstpabl1:

NY real estate is extremely expensive, thus the rates more than likely.rent is ridiculous. BJJ/MMA in L.A. is about $200 a month. If you go complete krav w/ fight and fitness class your almost that here. I’m sure it wouldn’t cost that much in Mississippi

Rate for Krav in NY is overly expensive. We’re better off learning it from the net.

:):

greenbeanie

quote unstpabl1:

NY real estate is extremely expensive, thus the rates more than likely.

The school in the article is actually in Cheshire, Connecticut which is 104 miles north of New York City. The Northeast is expensive, period.

anthony

I train and instruct at this school. The northeast is expensive, I speak from experience. It does offer a great program with unlimited classes in BJJ, Krav Maga, Fight, and fitness programs as well. The cost may seem expensive, but since enrollment keeps increasing steadily at this school, it is obviously worth it to the students as well as the parents.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: