Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga + A Level Head

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sticman

It’s been about two months since I started training I think, and classes seem to have gotten my temper under control. I think it’s a combination of the physical exertion, being more confident in myself, and the constant reminder that avoiding conflict is the best thing to do.

Today I could’ve gotten into a fight by losing my temper, but I didn’t. It was a good feeling, and also a good reminder of why I take Krav Maga (for defense against over aggresive meat heads).

For anyone that is interested, it was some guys trying to pick a fight with me, or egg me on. Their way of insult was saying “Hey Asian! What are you looking at!” and “Hey Asian! Nice Hat!” + laughing and doing the tough guy “pretend to lunge at someone” deal. It really bugged me that they were trying to get into a conflict because of race, but I figured the reason they picked something like that was to try to get me really angry, which I would have a few months ago.

I guess drunk guys really dig to find reasons to try to get into a conflict, and are not very good at insults 🙂

satilan

Re: Krav Maga + A Level Head

quote sticman:

It’s been about two months since I started training I think, and classes seem to have gotten my temper under control. I think it’s a combination of the physical exertion, being more confident in myself, and the constant reminder that avoiding conflict is the best thing to do.

Today I could’ve gotten into a fight by losing my temper, but I didn’t. It was a good feeling, and also a good reminder of why I take Krav Maga (for defense against over aggresive meat heads).

For anyone that is interested, it was some guys trying to pick a fight with me, or egg me on. Their way of insult was saying “Hey Asian! What are you looking at!” and “Hey Asian! Nice Hat!” + laughing and doing the tough guy “pretend to lunge at someone” deal. It really bugged me that they were trying to get into a conflict because of race, but I figured the reason they picked something like that was to try to get me really angry, which I would have a few months ago.

I guess drunk guys really dig to find reasons to try to get into a conflict, and are not very good at insults 🙂

Good job man, keep training – and stay cool!

mara-jade

Congrats! You’re definitely a better person than those idiotsthumbsup

bradm

Ditto man! Way to keep your cool.

bull1189

Good on you for keeping your cool. I know from experience it is really tough to do that when someone is saying racial things like that.

Sticman, good for you, man. You should be proud.

kmman

It’s like having a car that goes 250mph. You may never drive it that fast, but you know you can. The same confidence you would have at a red light with a Mini Cooper looking to race you, you should have in those situations you just encountered. Great job.

***No disrespect to the Mini Cooper—I love those cars!***

gitano

Two thumbs up. thumbsupthumbsup

Keeping a cool head pays dividends, though it can be hard to remember because there’s no immediate gratification or resolution to the insults, adrenaline, etc.

When dealing with similar situations, I ask myself, “Self, is this a self-defense situation, or an EGO-defense situation?” Ego-defense is not worth the trouble of a potentially violent confrontation.

Nice job.

Sean

old-grappler

…and there is NOTHING better than watching idiots like that get angrier because they can’t suck you into the conflict. Then you walk away knowing that not only did you get the best of them….but you ALSO know that if you really wanted to you could kick their……..err, hind end.

It’s all good!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: