Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

I just saw the new Batman movie. Under \”stunts\” Wade Allen was mentioned. Was that our Wade?

By the way, they say that Batman is the only superhero that could actually exist, because he has no super powers, just his natural fighting skills and sense of justice.

So, anyone here up to the challenge?

g-v

Re: Krav Maga and Batman

quote \”Giantkiller\:

I just saw the new Batman movie. Under \”stunts\” Wade Allen was mentioned. Was that our Wade?

By the way, they say that Batman is the only superhero that could actually exist, because he has no super powers, just his natural fighting skills and sense of justice.

So, anyone here up to the challenge?

I’d kick his ass.

😆

g-v

Ohh shizznit, can’t post pics on this board, huh. 🙁

anonymous

I think you can post pictures, some other people have done it before. I think. Or maybe it was the old forum?. Shoot, I’m having memory lapses. What were we talking about? 🙁 8)

g-v

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

I think you can post pictures, some other people have done it before. I think. Or maybe it was the old forum?. Shoot, I’m having memory lapses. What were we talking about? 🙁 8)

Killer, make sure you wear a headguard when sparring in class. 😆

anonymous

I might have inhaled too much of that hallucinogenic powder when I was out fighting crime the other night… 😯

jaeroo

I’m pretty much more of a Punisher fan myself, since I like his rage and use of firearms (Batman doesn’t have guns and keeps his emotions under control). Like Batman, he has no superpowers himself, only his military training/skills, instinct, and determination. All he uses are a leather coat, t-shirt, and jeans unlike Batman using a custom. Seeing all the Batman movies, I wouldn’t waste my time with the new Batman. Then again, it’s just my opinion.

johnwhitman

Yes, it’s our Wade. He did some Krav Maga training with Christian Bale for the movie, and he also did stunt work in the movie itself!

leftie79

That’s great, more KM in movies!!!

I have not seen this Batman yet, but a friend of mine saw it and said it was really good. Speaking of Batman, what is everyones favorite?

siayn

I have so little experience with martial arts in general that I would not be able to identify the difference between karate and skipping rope.

However…

Anyone seen Mr. and Mrs. Smith? I saw it last night (awesome movie) and there are some scenes between Brad Pitt and Vince Vaughn in a gym where Brad Pitt is doing some variation of sparring / boxing / street fighting that looked like some of the things we do in class. Can anyone comment on this being Krav or not?

anonymous

So, it was our Wade! Ha, I knew it! That’s one of those rewarding experiences in the movie theater, when you are watching the credits and all of a sudden there is that one name you recognize… 😉

So, he was teaching Christian Bale some Krav Maga? I’m not sure I saw any Krav Maga in the movie, although I guess I wasn’t really looking for it either.

According to the press kit, they were teaching Bale something different, something called the \”Keysi Fighting Method\”. It’s supposed to be less than 20 years old and some type of mix between traditional martial arts and modern fighting methods and especially suitable for multiple attacker situations and fighting in close quarter combat. Has anyone heard of it?

kravron

Well..honestly when I watched the movie you really dont get to see many of the fights/moves at all.

Most of the fights consists of a flap of a cape a black shape dropping down in the middle of five guys and then the next thing you see is 5 guys laying on the ground. (Im not complaining this is how batman is supposed to fight) I was just disappointed that you didnt get to see too much of it.

As far as Christain Bale training Krav. I had heard glimmers of \”the new batman trains in Krav\” but never anything official. If Wade was involved he may have helped out a bit, maybe he was Bales stuntman?

ktulu

I watched Batman last night. Great movie. As KravRon said you can’t see much of the fighting as the camera shakes and gets knocked around too much. This is a very minor flaw in an otherwise good movie.

As far as Batman being the only superhero that could actually exist…

Heís a billionaire who trains with a secret ninja society in the Himalayas and uses crazy super technology that doesn’t exist.

That pretty much defines the word supernatural.

ems70

Wade Allen

has worked on a bunch of TV and film.

Find a full list here:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1259338/

progress

Giantkiller, we must have read the same articles. I think Keysi was the method of fighting in the movie, never heard of it myself. Here is the article:

http://www.cinemareview.com/production.asp?prodid=3004

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: