Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    b3astathon18

Assuming the individual is a responsible and mature individual (i.e.: isn’t going to run around fighting for fun), does Krav Maga accept younger students? Also, are classes segregated (I understand it may vary by training facility) between say men, teens, women? While I previously trained TKD, I felt that physical fitness wasn’t emphasized so much as technique? Is Krav Maga more technique than fitness? Or are both expected?

Thanks

mara-jade

Re: Krav Maga and teens?

Welcome to the forum!

There is a KM program for kids called KM-X. I honestly dunno what the age limits are on that. I do know the kids are evaluated to see if they’re ready to go through the program. I’ve seen the classes at my center and the kids have a blastthumbsup

Again, this is what I’ve seen at my center. As for ‘regular’ classes no – men/women/teens are NOT separated. The Krav Fitness programs are a big part of the whole package. At my center we have – Cardio/Kettlebell, K.O, Core Mix, Cardio/Strength Training, Krav Pump and Kettlebell are wonderful classes! This along with KM Self Defense classes are the perfect matchthumbsup

kevin-mack

in Israel most of the school sare filled with teens and people in their late 20’s on up.The gap is due to the fact that many go into the military after high school

stevetuna

Our km-X program wraps up pretty much at age 15. After that, it’s time for the young student to move into our adult program. There are exceptions, however…

First, if the student is not that advanced and we feel that he or she will get more out of km-X, then they stay. Secondly, the maturity of the student is very important. If we’re not seeing the right things in the way the student holds himself, then we’ll keep them out of the adult class. Physical size is also part of the equation as well.

Our job as instructors is to provide a safe learning environment for all of our students, young and old. We always talk with the student and parents about which spot would be the best fit.

Good luck with your training. I hope that this helps!

mara-jade

Thanks so much for replying Stevethumbsup

b3astathon18

I’m 17, about 150. So I guess I’d be set in the normal class (not KM-X)? I’m just trying to figure out what kind of program/facility to look for. If anyone has knowledge about Miami locations I’d appreciate it.

Thanks

mara-jade

Check here

https://kravmaga.com/florida.asp

kpalena

We have a few 16-17 yr olds in class. Most of the time I am happy to see them there, however. Some of them hava a lot to “prove” if you know what I mean.

nixxon

I’ve got a few people who are probably between 16-20. I think the age requirement is 14.

parishd

My sons are 14, almost 15, and their age wasn’t raised as an issue. A few times there have been kids that at least appear to be younger, but it’s kind of hard to tell so maybe not.

stephx777

My school has classes for kids (kmx) and teens. The kids class is 7-12 I believe. The teens class is so they wont, at first, be placed in a primarily adult class.

night-robin

Mine has kids classes. But in my classes, it’s men, women, and teenagers. We punch and kick each other equally.thumbsup

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: