Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jmac-d66

Whats the best book to start with and where to buy?

Thanks in advance,

kmky

Re: Krav Maga Books

https://kravmaga.com/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=36

Complete Krav Maga by Darren Levine & John Whitman is, in my opinion, the single best book available for a student of Krav Maga. You can pick up a copy from the link I posted, or from any major book seller (I got mine from Barnes & Nobles, but I know Borders carries it also).

Hope that helps.

tko99

quote KMKY:

https://kravmaga.com/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=36

Complete Krav Maga by Darren Levine & John Whitman is, in my opinion, the single best book available for a student of Krav Maga. You can pick up a copy from the link I posted, or from any major book seller (I got mine from Barnes & Nobles, but I know Borders carries it also).

Hope that helps.

Totally agree, and I bought mine at Barnes and Nobles too! It’s a great supplement to the class. Nothing beats the class because as good as the book is, you still make mistakes here and there. It’s like purchasing study guide instead of a text book. Ok, I don’t know how good of an analogy that is lol

thecrownsown

Got mine a couple weeks ago, and it’s an excellent guide that compliments my training at the centre. Kudos to whomever recommends it!

kmky

quote TKO99:

Totally agree, and I bought mine at Barnes and Nobles too! It’s a great supplement to the class. Nothing beats the class because as good as the book is, you still make mistakes here and there. It’s like purchasing study guide instead of a text book. Ok, I don’t know how good of an analogy that is lol

I completely agree, there is no substitute for class, but the Whitman book is a great compliment. I bought extra copies to give to some of my classmates.

jesse

I had a friend in class get one for himself and one for me. I’ve read the first chapters about 15 times in the past 4 days or so. You obviously can’t learn everything from a book, but wow it’s helping remember all of the skill sets and the movements. I’m trying to go over everything at least once a day just to keep it mentally fresh. Goodness knows I need it. One of the things I’m finding myself the worst on right now is my slow fighting after a self defense technique. I’m still targeting “point” targets remembered from my TKD days instead of “incapacitating” targets. Hopefully, between the book and the class time, I’ll be able to defend myself against a 5 year old soon and then work my way up. :angry::mad::tantrum: There’s no frustration like frustration against yourself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Krav Maga: How to defend yourself against armes assault is also a very good book. It was actually written by Imi Lichtenfeld and Eyal Yanilov.

However! As stated in the title it is solely for armed attack (all of them) So while it is very well illustrated and explains all of the techniques in deep detail it is not something for a beginner.

I got it at Books-A-Million I think.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: