Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jarhead

I have been shadowing this board for a couple of weeks and finally took the time to register. Thanks for all of the great information and advive given by all of you. I have learned a considerable amount about KM. Now I just need to make the leap to training. I have been a little concerned with age and the shape I am in, but I have read enough of the posts to realize that I am not nearly as old as I thought I was. That is the good news.

Anyways, I have contacted the Krav Maga DFW school and spoke with the owner/ head instructor, Jack. He seemed like a pretty straight shooter on the phone, but I wanted to find out if any of you had experience at this school. It would be about an hours drive for me because of traffic, but I think it is the only KM school in the area. Any help would be much appreciated.

kravron

I have been on these boards for a while….and everytime I have seen the DFW school mentioned it has been in extremely positive words. I think your safe to go there. Give it a shot only attending the class will tell you if you will stick with it. Most places offer a free trial class.

muleg7

I just recently started training there. I like the school a lot. Jack is a good guy and a good trainer. The people I’ve met training there seem really nice too. You should come out for the intro class on Saturday.

I also have an hour drive to get there, but it’s worth it.

dshirley-d70

I used to train in Dallas and was there for a long time, from August 2001 until August 2004. During that time, I became certified as an instructor and moved back home to Arkansas to open up my own school. Jack is a good guy and you will enjoy working under him.

Now depending on where you live, there is also a school in Allen, TX and in the city of Dallas down off of Mockingbird at the DFW gun glub. I have worked with both the owners of these schools and can tell you that they are great as well. We all used to train together, so that is how I know them. I can vouch that all three school owners in Dallas are good and you could benefit from training at any one of them. The biggest thing is to consider how far you are from each one.

Devin

jarhead

Thanks for all of the feedback. I am definately going to check it out. Probably won’t be able to for a few weeks due to my work schedule, but once I get things all lined out I should be able to devote 2 or 3 days a week to training.

I would love to go to one of the intro classes, but I coach my son’s soccer on Saturdays until November. I am hoping to train Tues and Thursday with as many Mondays as I can.

Thanks again for all of the responses and I am looking forward to training.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: