Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Krav Maga for Beginners Book

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

I was noticing on amazon the Beginner’s KM book coming out is smaller than the last one (144 vs 288 pages). I was just wondering how far level wise the book was going to? Seeing how its aimed toward beginners, are we talking about it covering up to say, Level 2? Just a guess on my part but never hurts to ask:):

ryan

Re: Krav Maga for Beginners Book

I don’t anticipate the book to be much smaller, if at all. Regarding levels, it won’t be broken down that way. It will cover a wide array of solutions to “common” attacks, but in great detail.

I hope this helps!

mara-jade

Oh that’s awesome! I have problems with that sometimes. I know KM is very versatile but at times I JUST aint so swift on counterattacks:D:

Thank ya kindly for the response:wav:

ryan

Of course!

raneman

I am looking into getting a couple of the books and was wondering if there was a place other than Amazon(maybe KMWW website) where my purchase supports KMWW or something. I have no problem buying from a bookstore or website but if the money goes to the community somehow, I would rather purchase it from there.

Thanks,

Pete

giant-killer

I remember some time ago, they were selling some signed copies of the “Complete Krav Maga” book to support a charity (not sure which one). But that was some time ago, there may not be any left.

Pete… I bought mine from the NTC. You can also go to http://www.kravmaga.com and click on “Pro Shop” and the book is the first thing you’ll see for $21.

J-

mara-jade

quote Giant Killer:

I remember some time ago, they were selling some signed copies of the “Complete Krav Maga” book to support a charity (not sure which one). But that was some time ago, there may not be any left.

You’re right GK – it was an Ebay auction. I actually asked about it when it came out asking if it was legit:):. That’s been awhile now though.

mara-jade

In case anyone’s wondering, amazon now has the beginner’s book tentatively out for may 28th and the black belt one june 28th.

raneman

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I just went onto Amazon and purchased the Complete KM Book and the Fitness book as a bundle special for about $30 including shipping.

mara-jade

quote Raneman:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I just went onto Amazon and purchased the Complete KM Book and the Fitness book as a bundle special for about $30 including shipping.

I know someone reading the fitness one – curious to know what she thinks of it. I’ll see about taking a peak at borders:):

raneman

I went to the Borders out here by work yesterday and they didn’t have the Fitness book. I have taken to doing the Bas tapes at home or at the gym for cardio but wanted to get a range of ideas so I can mix it up a bit here and there. I can write a quick review once I get it if that helps.

My g/f is a former fitness contestant and certified trainer and all that stuff so I will see what her feedback is also.

Pete

mara-jade

Thanks Pete – that would help:D:. Certified trainer closeby – lucky youthumbsup

raneman

hehe yeah it is helpful with that kind of background readily available. She is getting pretty interested in KM now too when she sees the change in my coordination, strength, and way I move since I have started KM. She did the Bas tape with me last night and she was impressed(we did 2 minute rounds All Around Fighting and I didn’t feel so bad because she was a bit exhausted at the end too and she does heavy cardio everyday).

The fitness book is good to add in addition to your training.

I have been reading the book for a few months now and can tell you it’s worth the $20 investment.

It covers everything from stretching, strength training, cardio, to plyometrics & nutrition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: