Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga Global students here?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

As the title says, are there any here? Perhaps from Sweden, ey?

Re: Krav Maga Global students here?

yes, I’m a KMG instructor, and therefor also a KMG student.

Hi on you gimgamgommetje! How long have you been training? Guess you have been with IKMF before as you have gotten as far as becoming an instructor?

I’ve been training since 2004 and teaching since 2005. I started with IKMF and when the split came about a year ago I chose to stay with eyal and join KMG.

Ok, I see. Would you say much has changed (in the training methods, curriculum etc) since the split between Eyal and IKMF? To me it seems a little like more things have been added to the system (more techniques/variations) and that the whole KMG grading has been stretched out over a longer period of time. Am I wrong?

The changes are not very major in my opinion. The system has ben evolving for a long time and it still does. Ofcourse it’s important to always be critical towards the system, test the techniques and adjust if needed. This is one of the things I love about krav.
    But it’s still krav maga and looks like krav maga.

The only big difference is the focus on prevention.
    I don’t think the curriculum has been stretched. It has changed quite some witch has to do with our perception of the most efficient learning curve and also priorities.
    defenses against attacks that seem to happen less common are moved further into the system. I’ve had a one weekend instructor update. I’m sure I still have some updates to go before I know how much really has changed.

I see. I like that you say prevention has been more focused upon. It makes sense, though I have not been doing krav maga long enough to have anything to compare to (what it was like before I mean).

How about the grounddefenses – would you say they have evolved much? I know some people thought they were somewhat poor before with IKMF.

I think KMG seem to have it all there, but as I am just a beginner I still got many questions about what goes on in the system.

revobuzz

I’m with a KMG class in UK.

@revobuzz
    : Nice! Trained long?

priisholm

Hi there,

Attending KMG lessons in Copenhagen, Denmark, since August.
    Been doing quite a lot of MA before though; mainly Ving Tsun and Escrima and I’m still doing a bit of Kyokushin with my kids, just for the fun… 😉

Regards,
    Kenneth

I do not agree that the ground defenses are poor on ikmf.
    Basically they are a lot like defenses used in bjj/mma such as the bridge and roll defense from mount.
    But krav also has to deal with weapons on the ground and the issue of multiple opponents etc.
    Therefor its not a grappling art and defenses are very basic.

I’ve been getting private lessons on bjj for a couple of years now.
    I still like the krav defenses on the ground.
    The only things i’m doing different now is keeping much better posture.
    For example i hardly punch to the head from guard position anymore because o know how easy it is to get guardsweeped now.

I love the great mma and bjj techniques but we should not mix them with krav maga too much.
    We have a seperate mma class for people who want more advanced grappling/ groundfighting.

quote gimgamgommetje:

I do not agree that the ground defenses are poor on ikmf.
    Basically they are a lot like defenses used in bjj/mma such as the bridge and roll defense from mount.
    But krav also has to deal with weapons on the ground and the issue of multiple opponents etc.
    Therefor its not a grappling art and defenses are very basic.

I’ve been getting private lessons on bjj for a couple of years now.
    I still like the krav defenses on the ground.
    The only things i’m doing different now is keeping much better posture.
    For example i hardly punch to the head from guard position anymore because o know how easy it is to get guardsweeped now.

I love the great mma and bjj techniques but we should not mix them with krav maga too much.
    We have a seperate mma class for people who want more advanced grappling/ groundfighting.

Ok, I am glad to hear this. As I do not want to feel I need to concearn myself with if the stuff is good or not… I trust your words on this, considering you are doing bjj also. Guess you should know then.

@priisholm
    : Hi on ya! Ah, I also have done karate some years ago. Some of the stuff goes along with krav maga quite well I think, as opposed to how most people tend to comment on the matter. Then again, that may be because of the most often very reality-check-lacking training most karate is done in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: