Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jonathan

Has anyone heard of or trained at Krav Maga OC in Orange County? Just wondering as I will be starting my training in January. Thanks alot guys.
    jonathan

mara-jade

Re: Krav Maga OC

Welcome Johnathan!

Nice to see more newbies here. Feel free to post in the welcome section:D

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Forum Member Ali is at HB Krav Maga maybe she can answer a few questions for you.

cksiam

Great KM program! I no longer train there since I’ve moved out of state, but I trained there for 2-3 years.

They have two locations (Irvine and Lake Forest). You can take classes at either location. All four instructors (Mitch, Mike, Yuri, and Larry) are excellent and have been doing KM for a long time. Also, the instructors are not clones of one another, so you’ll get the benefit of seeing different perspectives on techniques, fighting, etc. Some students train at only one location, but honestly, geting exposure to all four instructors is definitely worthwhile. They don’t do as much ground work and sparring as I would have preferred, though.

Training atmosphere is casual. Good mix of students. As of now, there are NO contracts and prices are reasonable (the instructors have careers outside of KM and don’t need to make a living off their students).

In short, it’s a great place to train!

jonathan

Thanks for the warm welcome and for the informative reply. I am looking forward to training as well as learning more about Krav Maga. My final decision to go with Krav is the result of much reading and research. As far as self-defense is concerned, Krav Maga seems to be the best choice. Thanks again.
    Jonathan

alan360

Krav Maga OC has a great program. Just called them up ad I am sure they will be able to answer any questions you might have.

jonathan

I have been in communication with an instructor from KMOC. He answered my questions and told me about the instructors and their experience etc. Quite impressive. I just wanted to get some perspective from someone other than the instructor at the academy(is that what you call it?). I have been warned about the “commercialized” Krav Maga “mcdojos” that popped up when Krav was a buzz in the media. KMOC sounds like the real deal. I’m looking forward to getting my butt kicked in the next session in January.
    Jonathan

ali

Hi Jonathan,

I’ve heard good things about Krav Maga OC. If you change your mind, though, give us a try: HB Krav Maga – in Huntington Beach. We’re a great school, no attitudes – just a lot of hard work! We’d love to have you visit!

Ali

alan360

Don’t worry… they are not a mc dojo.
    Most of them have been teaching since the mid 90s and have a great wealth of experience.
    We have worked together a few times and they always seem like a great group.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: