Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga on Tyra Banks show today

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    h2h

Krav Maga featuring Markus and Chris from the NTC was on Tyra Banks show 15 minutes ago. It was on channel 13 Los Angeles.

They were showing knees, elbows and headlock from the side.

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/this_week.html

anonymous

Thanks for telling me NOW! 😥 😥

Will it be repeated? I taped the 11pm channel 7 news on Sunday, but didn’t see the KM piece. I may be watching the wrong shows….

kmcat

Re: Krav Maga on Tyra Banks show today

quote \”H2H\:

Krav Maga featuring Markus and Chris from the NTC was on Tyra Banks show 15 minutes ago. It was on channel 13 Los Angeles.

They were showing knees, elbows and headlock from the side.

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/this_week.html

I looked at Tyra’s website, the video link was just a promo, I looked at some of the other video links. I don’t know about this, I may have to stop taking Krav Maga… 🙄

h2h

I’m sure someone taped it at the center.

the tyra banks thing was about women’s Self defense..even though I’m not a big fan of TB…It was nice seing some KM guys…

Markus/KM has been on tv 2 weeks in a row…nice…

😀

h2h

from the website:

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/show_recaps/show_recap_mon39.html

there should be a flash video.

Monday, June 5, 2006

\”60 Seconds to Save Your Life\”

Tyra assembled a team of experts to teach young women how to save their lives in the critical seconds following a violent attack. Tyra set up Toccara from Americaís Next Top Model in a phony but terrifying parking lot ambush to demonstrate what easy prey most women were to criminals. After she experienced the surprise attack in a deserted parking lot, she said the hardest thing was that the assailant kept coming after her. She tried to run but he would still be right next to her, she screamed for assistance and felt hopeless. Tyra welcomed Marcus Kowal, a martial arts expert from the Krav Maga center in Los Angeles. Marcus offered these tips for women to avoid an attack:

Asses your situation and assess your surroundings.

Walk with confidence with keys or a pen in your hand.

When attacked, scream and be aggressive.

Donít try to wrestle with your attacker. Try to hit or kick vulnerable areas (knees, groin, face, feet.)

If an attacker asks for a valuable item, give it to them. There is a 90% chance of survival if you give them what they ask for.

clfmak

Wait a sec- according to the clip, Tyra Banks knows kickboxing but was unfamiliar that punching can lead to hand injuries and didn’t know how to elbow? Seriously, there needs to be a distinction between kickboxing and tae bo.

that was a very nice post.

swornenemy

Yeah, make sure to yell \”FIRE\” like an idiot also!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: