Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mcwosl

I want to know how Krav Maga experts are ranked, is it similar to other disciplines (belts, dan, etc) and who makes the determination of the person’s ranking in the USA and/or world.
    The information will be appreciated. Thanks ❓

g-v

Every time we move up a level, we chop off a finger…and around her, Giantkiller’s nickname is ‘Stubby’.

Seriously though, we rank according to levels, ie, level 1, level 2, etc. Some places use a belt system that roughly correlates to levels.

anonymous

They’ve moved on to my toes now. It’s a real cruel practice. 🙁

jl

Giant,
    It’s when you run out of fingers and toes that it gets really cruel. (especially for guys)Know what I mean? 😯

mcwosl

Krav Maga ranking2

As much as I appreciate the replies, I still do not have a clear answer. I understand the level ranking, but where would I go to verify a person’s claim to be #1 in the world or USA. Does Krav Maga have such mechanism in place like other Martial Arts disciplines? Thanks for your replies.

maskedkat

I know someone here will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think there is no way someone can claim to be ranked \”#1\” because there aren’t competitions like you have in other MAs. Our whole objective is to defend, attack, and \”finish the job.\” Not intended as a competitive sport.

Am I on target here?

sexybaldman

There is no way of knowing who is number 1. A krav person is number 1 if they survive an attack. Plus, what are they suppose to be number 1 at? There is no s uch things for other MA styles either. Maybe in the competition circuit, but that doesn’t count for the whole world, US or other countries.

mcwosl

krav ranking 3

Thanks for the reply, MaskedKat, I wanted to get some verification on a ranking claim. I know that in order to be ranked in any discipline you must first \”compete\” somewhere and/or win some fights. Hopefully, I’ll get some more answers. Thanks.

maskedkat

Interesting… you know someone claiming to be ranked #1 in KM? Hmmm…

sexybaldman

Re: krav ranking 3

quote \”mcwosl\:

Thanks for the reply, MaskedKat, I wanted to get some verification on a ranking claim. I know that in order to be ranked in any discipline you must first \”compete\” somewhere and/or win some fights. Hopefully, I’ll get some more answers. Thanks.

You mean ranked as a fighter? Not all discplines spar or fight. Just curious why you seek out someone that is #1.

psyops

Umm….

There is no such thing as a Krav \”competition\”. We are a self defense system not a traditional Krav system. So there is no way in the world that anyone can claim to be \”#1\” there is no measurement for such a ranking.

anonymous

I’d say Darren is number one, isn’t he?

emil

perhaps if you shed some light about the claim, it would you get an answer.

njl

Re:

quote \”Emil\:

perhaps if you shed some light about the claim, it would you get an answer.

+1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: