Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga sighting on TV

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kmcat

So I was idling flipping around on Monday night and I came across the “Sara Connor Chronicles” and there was this fight scene and the Sara Connor character whips out a perfect KM combo on this guy.

He had her with a forearm choke, she is prying it off fairly well, then she whips off some rear strike elbows, some elbows to the head, turns around and does a knee strike with shoulder control and then whacks him with a round house kick to the thigh.

All nicely choreographed and technically accurate! Schweeet!

vinman

Re: Krav Maga sighting on TV

Guys,

I dont know if its a repeat, but on Friday, February 22 @ 10 pm est on Discovery Channel they will be airing an episode of “Fight Quest” featuring KM

I’ve only watched one episode of Fight Quest, and it was similar to Human Weapon. On a side note, the main guy in Fight Quest, Jimmy Smith, actually fought Jason Chambers from Human Weapon in an mma match back in 2006

Watch Jimmy almost break Jason’s ankle-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whf2SRN_cRw

bradm

KMCat,
    I saw that episode of the “Sara Connor Chronicles”. My wife commented on her fighting skills. I looked at her and said “sure looks like Krav Maga to me”.

quote Vinman:

Guys,

I dont know if its a repeat, but on Friday, February 22 @ 10 pm est on Discovery Channel they will be airing an episode of “Fight Quest” featuring KM

I’ve only watched one episode of Fight Quest, and it was similar to Human Weapon. On a side note, the main guy in Fight Quest, Jimmy Smith, actually fought Jason Chambers from Human Weapon in an mma match back in 2006

Watch Jimmy almost break Jason’s ankle-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whf2SRN_cRw

Nope it’s a new episode Vinman and I am looking forward to it.

I’ve caught three episodes of Fight Quest and I have to say that overall the program is better than Human Weapon. Same concepts for both shows but the guys in Fight Quest pull it off much better and I really enjoyed Human Weapon.

kravmdjeff

I saw the same episode of Terminator…my only difference was that I couldn’t tell if it was a round kick or a knee to the thigh…but I had the same thought that it looked like KM.

Also, for Fight Quest we are hosting a happy hour at a bar in downtown Baltimore in which we’re talking about Krav with everyone there, passing out info, getting people signed up for intro classes, and then the bar is actually showing the Fight Quest at the end of the night. I’m excited!

mdedwards
    kmcat

Ok, I see it again on “Sarah Connor Chronicles”. This time it was perfect handgun defense from the front!

She even had a nice “verbal distraction” strategy.

She was about 20 – 15 feet away and this guy confronts her in an alley pointing a hand gun at her.

She turns around and puts her hands up in a KM style defensive position and as she walks very slowly towards the guy she says in a very shy & fearful voice “have you seen my dachshund puppy”, by the time she finishes she is just in range and she does the redirect, punch and elbow strike!

I’m going to have to remember that one! bow1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: