Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga vs Commando Krav Maga?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Where was I in the years 1970 – 1975? Why, in Israel of course, co-founding KM with Imi! 😀

jl

That’s exactly the maturity level I expected.

Let me answer for you, you were a gleam in your Daddy’s eye. Not even in diapers, yet still cannot show any regard or respect for those that came before you! Well done! 🙄

giant-killer

Wait are you implying I WASN’T co-founding the system with Imi in 1975? Why? Admittingly, I don’t have any pictures or documents to prove my case, Imi has passed away and couldn’t attest to my presence there, nor does anyone involved with KM today seem to remember my importance in developing this system, but, hey, you just have to take my word for it.

Look, I realize Moni was in the army, I’m sure he worked with them in some capacity, maybe developing something for another branch of the military, but to imply that he had something to do with founding the system of KM we practice today doesn’t seem to have any basis. There is no evidence, Imi didn’t even mention him in his KM book.

And now most of the Moni supporters are actually saying that Moni DOESN’T claim to have co-founded the system, so then we do, after all, seem to agree. Which leaves the question why he changed the name to \”Commando Krav Maga\”, but of course, it’s clear, just as Plantman was saying, trying to promote his business. Makes sense, but I’d somehow respect him more if he had kept the old name and made it successful on its own merit as Mike Kanarek of Haganah has done for example.

bobg

Here’s one place…

http://www.commandokravmaga.com/Budo_article.html

Says he restructured is along with the founder….

eric-joyce

Question to the folks here on the forum, has anyone personally attended a seminar to experience his system? Has anyone talked to the man to get his perspective and ask him these questions? Has anyone taken the CKM course and have an opinion on it? I would be curious to read anyone’s experiences on here.

rick-prado

If I had a lot of money,I could get whatever I wanted published in a magazine too!

FWIW, no one here ever disparages Moni’s talent or accomplishments, only his claim(as noted in that link) that he co-founded modern Krav Maga.

I have friends in the IDF now, instructors, who still teach the system as taught by Imi. Of course with adaptations, but the judo influence that Moni uses in his system is not part of the IDF training manual.

A former head instructor of the IDF has stated that he never heard of Moni, especially at any instructor level.

Maybe he taught his skill set to his unit, but as I understand it, it was not a widespread thing.

Nor was any of this \”never before allowed outside of Israel\” material you hear about.

Again, as I understand it, it was and is Krav Maga. Depending on your specialty, you were taught different levels to deal with different threats.

A cook was not taught what they taught to someone in a special forces unit.

Enjoy!

rick-prado

If I had a lot of money,I could get whatever I wanted published in a magazine too!

FWIW, no one here ever disparages Moni’s talent or accomplishments, only his claim(as noted in that link) that he co-founded modern Krav Maga.

I have friends in the IDF now, instructors, who still teach the system as taught by Imi. Of course with adaptations, but the judo influence that Moni uses in his system is not part of the IDF training manual.

A former head instructor of the IDF has stated that he never heard of Moni, especially at any instructor level.

Maybe he taught his skill set to his unit, but as I understand it, it was not a widespread thing.

Nor was any of this \”never before allowed outside of Israel\” material you hear about.

Again, as I understand it, it was and is Krav Maga. Depending on your specialty, you were taught different levels to deal with different threats.

A cook was not taught what they taught to someone in a special forces unit.

Enjoy!

patrick

Eric – I take a Commando KM class in London. When I started taking the class it was KM with some JJ thown-in but the instructor switched, no problems for me. Some students take a KM class as well and its not an issue, if anything it brings an extra dimension to the class.

eric-joyce

Re:

quote \”Patrick\:

Eric – I take a Commando KM class in London. When I started taking the class it was KM with some JJ thown-in but the instructor switched, no problems for me. Some students take a KM class as well and its not an issue, if anything it brings an extra dimension to the class.

Thank you Patrick. I think that is key…the extra dimension. Hey Patrick, when Moni switched names, did he ever say why he switched? If you don’t know that’s cool. maybe I will ask the folks on the other forum to provide some insight.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”abselite\:

Giant Killer-same baseless comments as the other thread. Please, enlighten us all and show us where we can find Moni’s claim to have founded/co-founded Krav Maga.

Moni is a class act. His integrity and character prevent him from ‘bad mouthing’ any art nor anyone.

I don’t believe its a baseless comment as Moni’s prior advertising was based on that idea. I don’t know if its tue or not, but it has changed recently.

Skip, I also believe I gave you a link last thread to a reality fighting interview with Moni where he said he co founded the system with Imi. If its not in the last thread let me know and I’ll find time to repost in the next few days

I don’t know about civilian krav, but I figure the military version had a lot of cooks but one officer chef. Meaning I don’t believe it was the creation of one man. Militaries don’t really work that way for the most part . They bring in experts and cherry pick. So it os possible on this partnership.

Also, in Israel my understanding is most military krav instructors are high ranking in other systems like jujitsu and judo and they bring that flavorto krav. I met a kid recently from the IDF, who taught the Sayret krav his base was 2nd dan jujitsu. His stuff was good

I have no problem with the CKM, nor care about the politics of krav. If the system is solid, it’ll stand up to scrutiny and the little I’ve seen I like. I can see how it may have come to be, but GK’s comments about the co founding of krav with Imi was a claim made by Moni in this systems earlier advertising, though it seems to have been backed off a bit in the newer stuff though there are still footprints of it on the net. Interviews and such

Hope that helps 🙂

Mike

patrick

Hi Eric – I don’t know, I’ve never spoken to Moni.

unstpabl1

Hey Skip

A couple things. I apologize as I went back to that last thread and relise I had deleted the links because I didn’t want to advertise CKM on Johns board. Its very intersting that the wikpedia article has since that time been changed deleting the claim that Moni co founded Krav Maga and now states he was asked by the IDF to update it. Thats real interesting. Also having trouble finding the realfighting interview as they seem to be missing from the net. Thats disappouinting cause they had some great articles, but I’ll see it I can dig it up somewhere for you. It does seem Moni has shifted his claim on this but it was prominent in the past

Skip, we have a mutual friend, who holds you in high regard, so I’m not disaggreeing with you to be a pain in the ass 😆 Moni’s advertising in the past did claim he was the co founder of krav with IMI and it seems he is trying to distance himself from that claim now.

unstpabl1

http://www.realfighting.com?issue7/Moniframe.html

Article on Moni collaborating with Imi

bradm

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

http://www.realfighting.com?issue7/Moniframe.html

Article on Moni collaborating with Imi

Where was the article in that site?

jl

KM VS. CKM

the differences in one sentence.

while many Isreali Self Defense systems including Krav Maga, teach you how to fight, CKM’s main emphasis is teaching one to survive!

No more no less, no matter who was first, who collaborated with who, no matter who wants to clog up the Isreali Martial Arts sandbox with there own recollections or who remembers who,(i.e. I recently talked to a guy in IDF that doesn’t remember Moni from the 70’s) 🙁

Once again I will leave this worn out thread with this: IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR SYSTEM, GREAT, STAY WITH IT. BUT DO IT WITHOUT THE IMMATURE PUT DOWNS AND BAD TASTE COMMENTS OF SOMEONE YOU SHOULD NOT ONLY RESPECT FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE, BUT ALSO RECOGNISE THAT THIS PERSON PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE (YOM KIPPURIM 73′)SO THE OTHER ISREALI MARTIAL ARTISTS COULD STAY FREE AND PRACTICE THE STYLE OF ISREALI MA ANYWAY,ANYWHERE THEY CHOOSE.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: