Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Re: Krav Maga Vs MCMAP

Welcome back prekarious!! :wav: What kind of weapons drills did you do? Are the weapons defenses similar to KM? I saw the Human Weapon episode and thought I saw a woman in the background do a gun defense that look like a quick takeaway without a counter.

unstpabl1

quote prekarious1:

** temporary thread jack**

no need to hoist a mast, just stared it down and moved on with my life.

**you may now return to your regularly programmed thread, thankyou**

Well, glad your back. A lot new here and GK hasn’t been banned in a while. She even had a birthday thread:woohoo:

giant-killer

quote unstpabl1:

Well, glad your back. A lot new here and GK hasn’t been banned in a while.

Knock on wood… :OhMy:

And now for the inflammatory speech of the night: :soapbox:

Ah, just kidding! thumbsup

kmman

Saw the episode on itunes. Thought it was great. They used a nice roundhouse kick defense, anyone know if Krav’s is similar Im not at that level yet. I would think it is since the Krav concept is to block/strike. Thought the bear hug defense was interesting as well.

prekarious1

haven’t done any weapons drills from KM, never found a place to actually train it where I was stationed. Know we did rifle, pistol, knife, baton, and improvised weapons drills

giant-killer

Can you make it out to the NTC or SO sometime? Maybe you could at least take some seminars, if it’s too far for regular classes. Or there may be something near Bakersfield.

prekarious1

not sure if there is anything closer to here or not. I’m doing shift work right now so any regularly scheduled options aren’t all that great for me but am definately looking for something. Been doing BJJ up here when I have time to make the classes but standup has always been my preferred method of training.

giant-killer

The NTC also offers daytime and morning classes, so you might be able to go to some of them if you can’t come in the evening. Or take the weekend classes. I suppose it’s kind of far, but if you drove all the way from Florida to LA on your bike, getting to the NTC from Bakersfield should be a cinch! thumbsup

prekarious1

The drive or the ride isn’t the problem. Its having the time to make it down there and finding a babysitter for the 3 youngins. Will look into a schedule and see what I can come up with

giant-killer

How ’bout bringing the young ones along for some badass KMX training, while you are beating the crap out of a hapless newbie next door? Let KM be your babysitter! thumbsup

prekarious1

Thats a thought

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: