Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Krav Maga Worldwide and joint locks/breaks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    krav-madave

I had originally posted this in the General Forum but realized that it may be better here :D:.

Hello all, first time posting here on the forums but I’ve spent plenty of times reading over various things here and have found the community here quite intelligent and helpful when other members have questions.

That being said, I have a question of my own that I was hoping to get some answers for. I have been taking Krav Maga for a bit over a year now with about 175 hours of total training between Level 1,2, all level and L2/3 classes (and am hoping to officially be level 3 next month) and I’m yet to really see any real joint break techniques outside of “step to the side and kick the side of the opponent’s knee” and Cavaliers.

When I began looking into Krav Maga before I signed up for it last year, many sources that I read/saw had indicated that the system contained a fair number of joint break techniques (although not nearly as much as Jiu Jitsu) and things like arm bars/wrist locks. But in talking to some instructors and having read Complete Krav Maga (http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Krav-…lete+krav+Maga) cover to cover, I haven’t seen or heard much about joint breaks existing at Krav maga Worldwide (I take Krav Maga at the Owings Mills Maryland location).

The long and short of this post is, do joint break techniques outside of Cavaliers exist in Krav Maga Worldwide? Regardless of the answer, it is an AMAZING system that I plan to keep progressing through. I do like the simplicity of the system and agree that joint breaks can be a bit on the fancier side, however it would be nice to have them in the toolbox if the opportunity and need would arise.

Thanks ahead of time!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: