Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    lor

True. For some living might seem so painful, the head-in-the-sand approach *appears* to be the most self protective measure. It’s too bad this kind of seminar can’t team up with something like Krav ~ a little Yin and Yang, if you will ~ to round things out for these ladies.

As for me, I make things even more complicated for myself by exploring Buddhism and trying to sprinkle that into my every day life. The contradictions are at times too difficult for me to unravel. How can you have pure compassion for someone and still break their nose? 😆 I know there’s a way, I’m just not smart enough to see it yet.

That’s a whoooole new discussion right there.

dkst

say your sorry when he wakes up.

andre

No need to apologize to him. Buddhist also believe in Karma. So after you put him to sleep, plant a tree, or take your family out and show them you love them.

lor

Kravists are wise.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Lor\:

I wouldn’t care if the guys were shirtless. Nor would I mind going along provided I was wearing a decent, well-lined exercise top underneath (I say this because not all exercise tops are well made unfortunately). Besides, I dig checking out tattoos. Don’t get to see much artwork with shirts on.

RTA ~ \”I was amazed when told by a Krav instructor that some of their women’s self defense seminars included a drill where your attacker rips your clothes off you (woman wears sports bra or bathing suit underneath) because women often stop fighting back during rapes and instead attempt to cover themselves.\”

I never thought of that. It’s a good idea.

Hey, I wouldn’t mind if the krav girls go shirtless, either. I mean…heehee…I like looking at tattoos as well. 😆

anonymous

Maybe we should all train naked! 😀 I’ve sparred with some almost naked guys before (all they had on were those tight MMA shorts) and it’s really hard to get a submission when you’re on the ground, ’cause everyone is so slippery…

lor

Re:

G.V. ~ \”Hey, I wouldn’t mind if the krav girls go shirtless, either. I mean…heehee…I like looking at tattoos as well.\”

You’re just a person who appreciates art, right? 😉 I hear ya.

Giantkiller ~ \”…and it’s really hard to get a submission when you’re on the ground, ’cause everyone is so slippery…\”

Ew!

anonymous

Yeah, and just imagine having that huge, sweaty chest right on top of your face…. Fighting is tough! 🙁

lor

I was going to say something here, but I have to remember to behave like a lady. 😛

anonymous

Please, don’t be shy…. 😉

That’s actually a tactic some fighters use, they put their chest on the other guy’s face, making it hard to breathe. That works even better with a gi, as they put their naked chest on the other’s face, they wrap the top part of the gi around his head, slowly suffocating him.

lor

Oh geez. Really makes me wanna try grappling. 😯

Okay, back to my joke. 😛 You said:

\”and just imagine having that huge, sweaty chest right on top of your face…\”

and I was going to say:

\”That happens to me at LEAST twice a week.\”

Har har…

Forgive me, I have a twisted sense of humor.

kravmdjeff

Lor, as long as we’re on the subject of contradictions in Buddhism (which, we’re not, but only because I let it pass before I could post this).

The aim of Buddhism is to avoid suffering through detachment from desires, etc. But Buddhism does not recognize absolute good and evil-rather, these are distinctions that continue to lock people into thinking which will keep them from achieving enlightenment.

But if the primary goal of a religion or philosophy is to avoid suffering, yet suffering cannot be called evil, then what’s the point in trying to avoid it?

lor

Here’s my attempt at an answer:

You avoid it because it’s painful, it’s unnecessary and it gets in your way of truly learning, loving and being peaceful, not because it’s evil.

That’s my take on it anyway.

*Edited for spelling. 🙄 You’d think I’d be able to spell by now.*

anonymous

But Lor, how unladylike!! 😳 😉

The naked chest thing actually happened at another fight club, at the NTC everyone is properly clothed and being told to put on a dry shirt before grappling class, so no worries about going to BJJ class at a KM school… 😀

Not sure what exactly they are teaching at those seminars KravMDjeff is talking about, but I guess some of it can be beneficial. They might teach you to accept things as they are, rather than constantly cry or complain about them. That doesn’t necessarily have to mean that you shouldn’t try to make things better. But as long as they can’t be changed, at least you learn to live with them and then from there you can try to improve.

lor

*whew!* I’m glad you found that somewhat funny. I was afraid I had offended everyone. 😆 (It’s difficult for me to pass up a joke.)

Would it be wrong to ask for both a dry shirt and cologne before grappling?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: