Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Practice Tools – Looking for Ideas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Well, I am now into my second month of my Krav Training and love every minute of it….it is completely addictive. I am only able to train at the facility twice a week…full time day job, started a strength training studio, kid’s, etc…blah blah blah.

Anyway, I train at my gym alot and have been mixing in Krav drills with my strength training and outfitted my space with a heavy bag that I practice punches and kicks.

My question is regarding practice of hammer strikes and groin kicks. I have been looking at getting an uppercut heavy bag to hang from the chin up bar of my power rack, but wondering if anybody else has better ideas before I go out and get one. I primarily train by myself when not at the Krav facility.

Also if anybody has any innovative training ideas that you do outside of the place that you train I would love to hear them.

thanks for your time

giant-killer

You could practice KM defenses slowly, just by yourself, watching yourself in the mirror if one is available. Going over defenses by yourself can sometimes help you do them better once you are back in class.

As for hammer fist, you could just hit your sofa if you are punching straight down (don’t laugh, it works! 8) ). Hammer fist from the side could still be done against the heavy bag. For upper cut, maybe buy a tombstone pad or focus mitt and attach it to something, so it stays at an angle. You could place the pad onto your sofa or a chair also, to practice hammer fists.

If you have space, you could also buy a BOB bag. It’s shaped like a real person, so you could do upper cuts underneath his chin. Also hammer fists to all areas of his body. The top can be taken off and put onto the ground, that way you could also practice ground strikes. Or put him in between your legs and strike with him in your guard.

vwr32

The uppercut heavy bag is something I want to add eventually myself… although I may go with the \”wrecking ball bag\” instead. Right now I have a thai style 6′ bag on a Cornerman stand, and a double end bag tied from a rafter to a heavy bench vice.

Not very innovative, sorry.

anonymous

Thanks for the ideas, Giant Killer.

vwr, maybe not innovative but you helped me confirm my thinking.

Now, I am looking for opinions on the best brand of heavy bags. Anybody have thoughts on bags that they use and prefer?

clfmak

Title boxing bags are generally more well made than Century and Everlast.

vwr32

My Everlast was a \”free upgrade\” because they were out of the Title bag I had ordered. Originally I was trying to keep the cost down, so went for the \”classic banana heavy bag\” from Title ($99). It was sold out so they emailed and asked if it was ok to send me the Everlast Synthetic Thai Heavy Bag ($199). I’ve had it about a year and it hangs in an unheated and unairconditioned garage. No complaints at all so far.

Went thru TitleBoxing.com for mine. Exchanged 4 or so emails with their customer service dept during the process and they’re very committed to keeping the customer happy. (I had offered to pay the price difference for the upgrade, they declined.) Wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: