Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav vs UFC in real life situation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jdawgmcb

Alright, lets just be clear that i have total respect for the people who do UFC – its just not for me.

NOTE: I’m not sure whether or not its called UFC or MMA, but im referring to the common skills used in the fighting arena.

I understand that Krav is a much different system than UFC because we are taught how to use reflexes and disable a threat as fast as possible, whereas UFC is more of a sport with rules., refs, padded rings, etc.

The other day me and my friend were sharing some techniques that we had learn (he began to show me some submission moves like in UFC) and I showed him some basic gun and choke defenses.

anyway, we started getting into a debate over what would win in a fight…krav or UFC. I told him that krav uses a lot of moves that wouldnt simply be allowed in UFC (such as kicks to the groin, knees to the groin, eye jabs, etc) but WOULD be allowed in a street fight.

What would be best off in a REAL WORLD STREET FIGHT –
    Here’s a couple scenarios…. (Think UFC vs Krav)

Two high level instructors, one is a UFC champion and the other is a certified level 4 krav maga instructor. They are about equal height and weight and the fight is taking place inside a bar.

Two highly-trained martial arts students, one in krav and one that is “good” at UFC (known at least locally) The other student has knowledge through level 3 krav maga and has been training for 4 years (4 days a week), the location is an alley way in a city.

Someone who has had knowledge of krav for 6 months – 1 year and someone who has been dabbling (not “competing”) in UFC for 6 months to 1 year and the location is at a party or a small club.

clfmak

Re: Krav vs UFC in real life situation

It’s MMA. UFC is just one MMA venue that has done a great job with its marketing. Also, style vs style has been done to death.

don

quote CLFMak:

It’s MMA. UFC is just one MMA venue that has done a great job with its marketing. Also, style vs style has been done to death.

+1000… :Deadhorse: :chair: :banghead: rofl2

night-robin

Yeah. There was a thread about this not too long ago. I think it started over the practicality of the 360 defense in real work application. My personal stance is Krav, but knowing more styles only helps put more tools in your tool box. The more you know(Cue Rainbow).

stevetuna

That’s not a fair question because everyone knows that a Level 4 Krav Maga instructor has been taught the super-secret Israeli Death Touch…

jdawgmcb

quote CLFMak:

Thanks for clarifying that 🙂

Also, I know it has probably been done to death on here but either i’m searching impaired or can’t really find what i’m looking for :P.

I just want to make sure I have full, 100% confidence to deal with (almost any…obviously i wont be able to handle a Jujitsu master) threat that comes my way.

jdawgmcb

quote stevetuna:

That’s not a fair question because everyone knows that a Level 4 Krav Maga instructor has been taught the super-secret Israeli Death Touch…

Tell me more 🙂

Is there really such a thing? (When i googled searched “Israeli Death Touch” I actually got this post as the 4th result)

night-robin

quote jdawgmcb:

Thanks for clarifying that 🙂

Also, I know it has probably been done to death on here but either i’m searching impaired or can’t really find what i’m looking for :P.

I just want to make sure I have full, 100% confidence to deal with (almost any…obviously i wont be able to handle a Jujitsu master) threat that comes my way.

Well, after re-reading it, that thread wasn’t really a Krav vs MMA thing. Krav will give you the skills you need to fend for yourself in a Street Fight against both people who know how to fight and who do not. However, it couldn’t hurt to take BJJ and other styles if you want to increase your arsenal.

kirk

quote stevetuna:

Shhhh, fist rule about the “Super-secret Israli Death Touch” is to not talk about the “Super-secret Israli Death Touch”!!! Come on Steve you know this!!!!

udjat

quote jdawgmcb:

This is dangerous thinking in my opinion… There is always someone better out there and someone can always get the drop on you unexpected.

Its best to fill the “tool box” as Night Robin said and just avoid situations that could lead to you getting thrashed by a Master or just a lucky thug.

Again just my opinion.

stevetuna

quote Kirk:

Shhhh, fist rule about the “Super-secret Israli Death Touch” is to not talk about the “Super-secret Israli Death Touch”!!! Come on Steve you know this!!!!

Sorry. My bad…

oneness

I could give multiple examples of people that are MMA fighters that have been stabbed or beat up by multiple opponents on the street. I could also give examples the other way. It doesnt prove anything.

Google – Lee Murray, besides being a UFC fighter he became a bank robber and was also know for getting stabbed outside a bar in a brawl. Gives you all three in one search.

Night robin – The other discussion was that 360 and inside defenses were not used or taught in MMA. I stated that they were. Bas and I teach them exactly like we do in Krav Maga.

Again, in the BRMMA system we teach the inside defense and 360 3 and 4, just like Krav Maga. Are they used for cominations we know that are being thrown? yes, but also as a reflexive defense just like Krav Maga. These defense are taught to beginners as well as some of the top fighters in the game from one of the best strikers ever.

For MMA, its a chess match and if you have time to prepare and know what someone will do, you can tweak defense and counters as needed. You know that your opponent is going to throw that particluar strike.

jdawgmcb

quote Night Robin:

Well, after re-reading it, that thread wasn’t really a Krav vs MMA thing. Krav will give you the skills you need to fend for yourself in a Street Fight against both people who know how to fight and who do not. However, it couldn’t hurt to take BJJ and other styles if you want to increase your arsenal.

lets just say any “non-expert” threat then, i know that im not gonna be jack bauer or chuck norris…and i am sure that someone of that level would whoop me, I just want to be able to be able to fend off against realistic opponents (angry ex boyfriend, etc)

clfmak

quote jdawgmcb:

Three hypothetical fights on the Internet isn’t the best way to be 100% confident in any threat http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: