Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Kung-Fu: Style of the Garden Rake

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bracius

I don’t know how many of you have done this.

I was walking back to the house from putting up the lawn equipment. I had just started up the hill (I live on a hill) when *WHAM* out of no where something from my right peripheral vision popped me. In a split second I managed to let out a very non-masculine yelp of surprise and I wish I could say I managed a 360 defense. Instead I managed to jerk my body back in time to see the garden rake that I left out wizz past my face and slam into my left hand.

Bruised ego, bruised hand.

ds314

Re: Kung-Fu: Style of the Garden Rake

About 5 years ago I step on my heavy rake it came up so fast and hit me square down the center of my face right below the nose. The rake has the big thick fiberglass handle. I saw stars big-time. Ended up with a big fat lip. The kids laughed thier arses off. I didn’t think it was too funny until later.

DS314

cmetalman

think that’s how that got the term “raking the face”? ha, ha

bradm

Many years ago while I was driving and was going to change lanes or make a lefrt turn (can’t remember which). As I started the turn or lane chage I looked to ensure I was clear on the left. I had forgotten that I had raised the driver’s side door window and BAM, I slammeced my forehead right into the window. Hurt like hell, and my wife and kids laughed which made it worse.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: