Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge La Rev’s BJJ Tournament

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    kevin-mack

Re: La Rev’s BJJ Tournament

you gets points for takedowns…passing the guard….getting mounted position…..sweeps. You also get advantages for attempted submissions.

jl

La Rev

Way to keep your cool and listen to your corner. Very nice!!!!

nixxon

Rev,

How long have you been doing JJ and what belt are you? (I’m at work I can’t see youtube).

I just started last week, pretty tough stuff. I feel pretty overwhelmed at how technical it is but as I practice I’m sorta smoothing out I guess.

la-revancha

Stick with it, dude!! That gi felt very constricting at the beginning. And being a wrestler, I DESPISED working from the bottom. I feel pretty decent in most positions now.

Started training with a gi late 03, early 04, but wrestled for a bit before then and did some no gi work since I started krav. Been a blue for over three years now. Began a serious focus on the coveted purple now for over a year.

But I love judo too, though. My friend, Jeff Jimmo, turned me on to it a few years ago.

And now they have dubbed me the judo smurf……bastards.

nixxon

lol Judo smurf…

Krav is the only thing I’ve pretty much commited to and been doing it for 8 months now. I wanna compete though so I started doing BJJ. No ground work background. I feel so damn uncoordinated doing it lol. I guess I felt like that with Krav in the begining and now I feel super smooth in Krav. Meh whatever, keeps me occupied and there’s only room for improvement… maybe injuries, or ringworm… yaaa

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: