Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics LA training center, Fighting program vs Self Defense program

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shango

I’ve had a couple months of Krav in NYC years ago. I’m planning on sigining up for Krav here in LA.

I’m curious about the difference between the \”Fighting Program\” and the \”SD program\” a the LA training center.

I imagine that both use krav technique, but what are the differences?

Shango,

The self defense program is necessary because it is the bread and butter of Krav Maga. You will learn all of the principles, combatives and defenses that you can then apply in the fight class. Further, the fight class will assume that you already possess the basic movement and combatives that you will learn is the SD class. If you want, you can only take SD; however, you need to take the SD in order to take the fight class. Hope this helps.

Dave Bluestein
    Senior Instructor
    Krav Maga National Training Center

anonymous

There is not much Krav Maga technique in fight class. It is more like a kickboxing style class, with gloves, headgear and shin guards. However, because it is Krav Maga, you are welcome to go for that sweet and vicious groin shot, which would not be allowed in Muay Thai. 8)

nancypants

Hey, GK – shoot me an e-mail, will you?

[email protected]

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: