Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Lamenting the loss of krav classes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    happyloaf

My school has 4 Krav classes at night now and 1 fight class. They have 2 Krav classes during the day I can’t attend (I work).

I just found out that they are taking 2 of the nightly Krav classes and making them Warrior-X-Fit classes. I could use the conditioning help but if I wanted to do a Crossfit type exercise I would but I’d rather invest my time in Krav. This is a sad day for me :(. I now am going from training krav ~4 nights a week to 2. Sniffle.

garddawg

Re: Lamenting the loss of krav classes

It appears they aren’t doing CrossFit classes, but X-Fit. Kind of like doing Krav Magan I would think.

How well attended were the night classes? I dropped one of our KM classes because only 4 people were attending. What kind of relationship do you have with the owner? Any other people upset by the change?

happyloaf

The night classes have about 5-10 people in them. I do not know about the afternoon classes (I am in my lab then and cannot leave to attend them). If I had to bet I would say that the change to X-fit is because it is the start of the year and people have made “new years resolutions” to get fit. Thus, they want an activity to do (and can get signed into long term contracts). While this will be a great workout (we have done some of it in class) I just don’t get the point for paying for it. I am fully capible of doing cardio work like cross and x fit on my own. I do not see why I should shell out 100 bucks a month to pay someone for something I can do on my own.

A few people are annoyed at the change but the majority of our Krav students only attend once or twice (at most) a week. The regualar students seem to be the most perturbed. If only 3-4 students where coming (like the cancelled fight/weekend classes) I could understand. The instructors time is valuable so if enough students are not showing up I can understand canceling.

nate2010

I dunno man, if the X-fit is anything like what we’re getting thrown into during the morning hell sessions, theres no way id go hard enough without someone yelling at me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: