Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge learning Krav and Systema at the same time

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sniper-2015

Hi guys I’m new here and I’ve been learning krav on and off for the last 12 months or so but a new school recently opened close to me so I’m training roughly 2 hours a week. So my question is do you guys think its possible to learn systema and krav? The reason why I’m asking is because I recently did a security course and the trainer said I should learn systema because it’s based on relaxation and being a security officer you cant really hit someone in the groin if they throw a punch at you which I do see his point.

So the problem is that krav and systema are worlds apart and I’m finding it difficult to learn systema and I think it would take years to learn to even be effective in the street and we all know krav is a lot quicker. So wondering what I should do.

The thing I’m worried about is an information overload at a time when I need to take action. I don’t wanna freeze and be thinking how do I take this person down if you know what I mean. So what do you guys think should I quit systema or should I try and combined them? someone did say that krav and systema would be pretty ethal.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: learning Krav and Systema at the same time

Really interesting question!

They are similar but not. Lots of us train in more than one thing but few do two of the same at the same time.

I became expert level in HaganaH before starting Krav, then while at Krav also got my 2nd in Kapap. So yes I think its possible.

Having said that it really comes down to the individual’s ability to take from it what you can and discard what doesn’t work for you. Like you said there is information overload.

But if you can compartmentalize it there’s more than one way to skin a cat.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: