Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Learning Krav Maga Skills Alone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    a-mar

I have a question for you veterans here. I plan on doing KM in the future -I have done some MA in the past- but my current financial/physical situation won’t allow for that currently. In the meantime, I’ve been reading these boards like crazy trying to absorb as much info as possible. My question is: what are some drills/techniques that I can be doing at home by myself on a heavy bag or otherwise? If anyone has links to any videos/articles/pictures etc it would be much appreciated. I would like to have some kind of base so when I do join a dojo, I’ll have a little bit of something to build on; even if it’s in the cardio department.

Just to give a shout-out for some of those that have helped motive me already: I’ve been enjoying watching videos from KevinMack, Psyops, La Revancha etc. I read that CJs Dad has a Youtube channel too but can’t find it. CJD I see that you’re in Sherman Oaks, I’m in the East SFV not too far from your dojo. (which I would like to check out in the future) Ok I’m done rambling hehe.

wds2

Re: Learning Krav Maga Skills Alone

Check out Bas Rutten’s heavy bag workout. He calls out punch/knee combos for ten 2 minute rounds and seven 3 minute rounds. Having a heavy bag is ideal for it, but you can also shadow box.

splatcat

While it’s not specific to to Krav, I just today received the video below. It’s gotten pretty good reviews on Amazon (& I had a gift card), so I thought I’d give it a try. Haven’t viewed it yet, but I’ll post a review once I do.

http://www.amazon.com/Solo-Training-Loren-W-Christensen/dp/B000BBYSOM

a-mar

quote wds2:

Check out Bas Rutten’s heavy bag workout. He calls out punch/knee combos for ten 2 minute rounds and seven 3 minute rounds. Having a heavy bag is ideal for it, but you can also shadow box.

Excellent just what I was looking for. Thank you!

a-mar

quote SplatCat:

While it’s not specific to to Krav, I just today received the video below. It’s gotten pretty good reviews on Amazon (& I had a gift card), so I thought I’d give it a try. Haven’t viewed it yet, but I’ll post a review once I do.

http://www.amazon.com/Solo-Training-Loren-W-Christensen/dp/B000BBYSOM

That looks interesting indeed, has gotten some great reviews as well. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. The price is right too 🙂

wds2

quote A’Mar:

Excellent just what I was looking for. Thank you!

No problem at all. Glad I could help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: