Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi, I had been looking through some martial arts training equipment website and I noticed this but it costs alots of money.

I am wondering is there a low-cost and effective way of doing leg stretching excersices, I can even do a homemade equipment project.

I have an idea of using sticks put into the ground then move them in alittle increments until my legs are where they should be, like the guy in the picture.

http://karatesupply.com/1555.htm

Are there better ways or is there something else on the market that is more cheaper and much, much more effective also are there any websites dedicated to homemade training equipment that has been proven to work. Thank you. 🙂

bradm

After I finish my workouts, I do about 20 – 30 minutes of stretching, including my legs. I do most of the stretches I learned in TKD that do not require any equipment. I finish by doing a \”chinese type\” stretch. I lay my towel out on the floor and step on it with my right foot. Then I step out as far as I comfortably can with my left foot. Then I bend down slightly to balance myself with my hands on the floor, at the same time pushing my right leg out (the towel lets my leg slide easy on the floor) as far as I can and hold it for 30 seconds. I repeat that three times, each time trying to extend my right leg out further.

I have a little arthritis in my hips and I find that helps a lot, plus helps my flexibility. \”I don’t need any stinkin’ equipment.\” 😆 Just kidding.

maskedkat

Re: Leg Stretching

quote \”JewishFitness1976\:

I have an idea of using sticks put into the ground then move them in alittle increments until my legs are where they should be, like the guy in the picture.

http://karatesupply.com/1555.htm

Are there better ways or is there something else on the market that is more cheaper and much, much more effective also are there any websites dedicated to homemade training equipment that has been proven to work. Thank you. 🙂

Holy crap, does that ever look painful!!

I came across the best one I have seen to date, I am sure there are better websites out there that discusses the leg stretching in much more detail.

This is the best one I have seen so far and you are more than welcome to add more, that you think will really be good.

http://www.armourtech.com/dtg/stretchy.html

mayhem

Re:

quote \”mayhem\:

Whoa, that is one serious website. Thank you 😀

greenbeanie
    johnl-d11

I have one of those stretching machines… We call it the torture device. 😆 Works well after a hard workout, just plop down in front of a TV and stretch on it for 10-15 mins.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: