Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jb5674

Re: Level 1 test

I train there too…Otis and friends are great. Into it now for a few months, and dreading the test. People tell me its crazy! I can’t wait. How long ’til you test on level 1.

doublej226

I test Saturday for level 1 and I have a few questions. What do you guys recommend eating the day of/few days before testing? Also, is it rough enough that I should take Thursday and/or Friday off prior to testing?

brewerm

I took the level I test December 7th. One of the other students insisted on having every single technique reviewed so the review lasted 2.5 hours. THEN the test started which took 1.5 hours. My legs were very wobbly toward the end. Our test consisted of being broken up into pairs and doing every technique while the Aaron and Otis walked up and down the line reviewing and grading everyone. Then they us break into groups of 5 “circle of death” one in the middle and then the other 4 attacking constantly. We had to defend all chokes. That was a GREAT class!!
    You’ll do fine, just don’t quit and go as hard as you can, don’t hold back thinking that you’ll save energy for later, you won’t

doublej226 you’ll be fine. I would go and ask them to review the material before the exam (myself) our instructors said that they would tell us not to test if we weren’t ready. I didn’t take any time off and went to the class the very next day so I could go to my first level II.

Good luck,

doublej226

Tested and passed this Saturday. Wifey and I are still pretty sore. I think we’ll pass on our first level 2 class tonight.

geary

Sore??? Oh man I am nearly incapacitated. My class last Monday put me oun of commission up until today. Our instructor had us warm up with the marathon. 25 reps of Jump Squats, Judo Squats, Divebomber pushups and another crazy leg burning excersize. Then after that we immediately knocked out 100 extremely fast paced jumping jacks. I nearly quit after the warm up. My legs still hurt but for the first couple days following the class, Icould hardly walk at all. Made me kind of cour to be honest. I’ll get over it. Not going tonight though. I am waiting for tomorrow.

brewerm

congrats JJ226, it was quite an ordeal but didn’t say anything before so you might not take it the way it was intended. I was concerned for a while that I might not pass as I started to get feedback that I was not doing a technique correctly even more than in class!! I figured that I probably failed that drill but did enough of the other stuff to pass. I didn’t ask how the grading system worked but probably should just to get an idea of what they think I can do better. Level II classes, though just as physical, are more fun (after warmups)

Brewer

doublej226

Thanks Brewer. I thought I was in good shape, but that was much more strenuous than I imagined. We may try our first level two class tonight.

thedaver

I watched my sister progress through the Tae Kwon Do belt rankings and attended most of her tests, including her test for black belt. By the time she tested for black belt, I had already started Krav and taken the Level 1 test. I can tell you that the Level 1 test I took was far more rigorous and demanding than her black belt test….

My level 1 test is coming up on Feb 21st… I can’t wait. I’ve been taking Krav Maga for about 10 months now, and after about 60 classes (the requirement is at least 48), finally it’s time.

At our school, they have an interim “yellow stripe” test several weeks before they let you take the level 1 test.. it covers the basics, like fighting stance, movement, punches, kicks, and conditioning. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever been through – the only way I can describe it is to take the hardest level 1 class I’ve been to, multiply it five times, then you have a close approximation…

And it’s my understanding (and hope!) that the level 1 test is much, much harder. I was near my breaking point at the end of the yellow stripe test, but I’ve been doing back-to-back classes for weeks on end now… hopefully that breaking point has been pushed back far enough 🙂

But no matter what happens, no matter what they throw at me, even if I have to go to the bathroom and throw up ten times, I will NOT fail. I am determined to finish and pass this test!!! They said in the invitation list that “you WILL be expected to give 100%”. And that’s what I’m gonna give… One of the guys that’s already passed the level 1 test said “they expect everything, and that’s what they take”.

I have a Krav Maga t-shirt that says “There is NO PAIN. There is NO QUIT. There is NO TIRED. THere is ONLY FIGHT!!!” That is going to be my approach….

BC

My level 1 test is coming up on Feb 21st… I can’t wait.

At our school, they have an interim “yellow stripe” test several weeks before they let you take the level 1 test.. it covers the basics, like fighting stance, movement, punches, kicks, and conditioning. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done – the only way I can describe is to take the hardest level 1 class I’ve been to, multipy it five times, then you have a close approximation…

And it’s my understanding (and hope!) that the level 1 test is much, much harder. I was near my breaking point at the end of the yellow stripe test, but I’ve been doing back-to-back classes for weeks on end now… hopefully that breaking point has been pushed back far enough 🙂

But no matter what happens, no matter what they throw at me, even if I have to go to the bathroom and throw up ten times, I will NOT fail. I am determined to pass this test!!!

I have a Krav Maga t-shirt that says “There is NO PAIN. There is NO QUIT. There is NO TIRED. THere is ONLY FIGHT!!!” That is going to be my approach….

BC

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: