Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    smokelaw1

Hey all,

Just curious…are the tests the same (or similar) in all locations? If I pass level one here, and then train at a new school, would we/should we have gone through ROUGHLY the same test?
    If not…should it be? I feel like it really should, though I recognize 1) how difficult it would be to have such a standard and 2) the philosphy and intensity/ferocity taught varies school by school.

Thanks.

bradm

If you pass a level-1 test at one school you should not have to take it again at another school unless you want to. When you pass your level-1 test you should get a certificate form the NTC via your instructor. If you go to a new school, showing the instructor(s) your certificate should suffice for you to be able to continue your training.

smokelaw1

Thanks Brad.
    I knew I wouldn’t have to test again, I was just wondering if the tests would be very close to he same at different schools.

bradm

smoke,
    From what I’ve read on this forum, the tests are diffinetly different at different schools. In some schools the test may be a lot more strenous lasting 4 or 5 hours. In other schools the tests may only last a couple hours. But, I’m sure that the students have to demonstrate the same material for the level they are testing for. As I understand it , some schools have a longer review or workout period before the actual test.

smokelaw1

Cool. Thanks for the info. I have heard about these 3 hour \”reviews\” before a 2 hour test…man, I need to get on my conditioning!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: