Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jarcher

Hi All…

I have read there are 6 levels of Krav, but someone mentioned something about phases A, B, C and D. Can someone please explain how the levels and phases work?

Also, after a student passes the level 1 test, does that make them a level 1 student or a level 2 student?

Thanks…

lor

I’m bumping up your thread. Perhaps one of the instructors will have an answer for you.

jarcher

Thanks for thr bump!

emil

There are two parallel courses in grading in Kr av. One for students and one for instructors. Usually levels apply to student training and are a rough guideline for instruction material. 1 being beginner and 5 the most advanced. Instructors go through phases of training. Starting in A, B,C where they learn foundations and some advanced materials and then continuing through expert series 1-5 which solidifies the foundation principles and expands on the details of the more advanced training. Each phase or series builds on the previous and you are tested cumulatively on your skills, teaching ability and understanding of principles behind every tech.
    If you took a level one test, usually it means that you can now attend higher level classes at your school. It depends on the class and curriculum availability.Speak to your school for a more pertinent description of what’s available there.

jarcher

Ah, so lettered phases apply to instructors, nit students. Thanks!

How long does a student typically spend at each level before testing for the next level?

chicochi

It takes 4 months of training at level 1 before you can test for level 2 (at our school, anyway).

As far as I understand it, you are a level 1 student just by showing up to your first class. Once you pass the level 1 test you are a level 2 student.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: