Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics List of KMW endorsed organizations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    omfgnoogies

Which krav maga associations are considered legit by KMW?
    Ive seen so many, IKMF, IKFF, KMF, CKM, the list goes on. Is there a place someone can point me to that would give me that info?

btw i know ckm is bologna.

zvor

Re: List of KMW endorsed organizations

Your question implies that KMWW is somehow at the top of the food chain in terms of organizations and legitimacy. There are a number of ‘branches’ of Krav Maga, namely:

IKMF
    IKMA
    KMF
    KMWW

Hope this helps…

jdawgmcb
    ohiobuckeye

There is the Krav Maga Alliance: http://kravmagaalliance.org/

The facility where I train is under this organization. Looks like John Whitman who was president of KMWW started his own organization.

Does anyone know why this occured? Why he left to start his own?

mara-jade

Legit? KMWW oversees all their licensees. Who do they endorse beside themselves I don’t know. Like Zvor stated, there are other organizations besides KMWW who do Krav.

I dunno anyone would wanna start a discussion on who’s legit – we’re biased here as it is :wav:

peterako

Well this is interesting because my instructors have (from Israeli Krav Maga Association–IKMA) mentioned KMWW various times. The way they present it is a method that is different, yet just as effective.

psyops

Organizational Beefs,

KMWW can’t and won’t come out and endorse another organization as it is a business. That would be like Mcdonalds endorsing Wendy’s. I don’t put much stock into the organization vs organization thing. I suggest that you actually train with the instructors. I happen to know some very talented instructors who belong to various other Krav Maga organizations and even some who do not belong to any organization. So really it comes down to the instructor.

I have had students from other organizations come and train with us and they are always greeted with a smile and accepted into our family immediately. We do not participate in organizational beefs. If your school does, I would say that it is very short sighted and it does not make your fellow students and instructors any better. So that which does not make us better should be discarded.

saruotoko

Well said, Psyops……like always. 🙂

mara-jade

I was hoping instructors would come on by here on this thread. All I’ve known is KMWW Krav so I know better than to even THINK to say who’s legit. Different strokes for different folks.:wav:

jl

Completely agree with Donavin’s post. I have been very fortunate to work with some very extraordinary Instructors. Some were from KMWW some from IKMA (where my roots are) and even some that are in associations that have little to do in the way of Krav. I have learned something from all of these Instructors and students alike. I’m always looking for good solid technique and training drills. So to just throw out the good stuff because I don’t belong to that particular association seems rather short-sighted to me. Always look to better yourself and your technique , no matter the opinions of others. JL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: