Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Living and training in israel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davidjoel

Hi everybody!

According to Wikitravel it seems easy to find work in israel and since I would like to visit Israel and train for a little longer time than the “Touring and Traing in Israel” offers, perhaps moving to Netanya for a couple of months would be interesting. Anybody here living in Israel or has anybody done something similar?

I figure attending training session would be simple but is training in Israel expensive? I’v just finished my military service and is definitely not rich, but on the other hand I can live in anything than basicly provides shelter, a really low class supercheap hostel would be to prefer.

I haven’t found much information about KM training locations in Netanya, or elswhere Israel, would be nice to know a little bit about them.

I hope you folks can help me 😀
    Thanks /David

mara-jade

Re: Living and training in israel

Welcome David!

Sorry I dunno the answer but I hope you find what you’re looking for:wav:

midnighter

I don’t have an answer, but maybe not the best time to go to Israel.

cigaro78

quote Midnighter:

I don’t have an answer, but maybe not the best time to go to Israel.

I see what you mean but I’m not sure I agree. Realistically if you are concerned about terrorists attacks then it’s *never* a good time to be in Israel. The number of rocket attacks during the last 8 years is absolutely staggering – I don’t think we can even imagine how it’s like.

I have an Israeli friend who was here during 7/7 in England, and he couldn’t believe people went to the pub at breaktime to listen to the PM speak about the morning’s attacks. I think his words were ‘what’s all the fuss about? It’s just the one attack’. He didn’t mean it disrespectfully or anything – he genuinely was so used to terror that this sort of thing didn’t even ‘register’ anymore.

I don’t beleive Netanya is in range of the Qassams though. Regardless, I don’t think that even if they did it would necessarily be a ‘bad’ idea to go and live there. Just don’t burn any bridges – that way you can always go back if you don’t like the experience.

satilan

quote Cigaro78:

I see what you mean but I’m not sure I agree. Realistically if you are concerned about terrorists attacks then it’s *never* a good time to be in Israel. The number of rocket attacks during the last 8 years is absolutely staggering – I don’t think we can even imagine how it’s like.

I have an Israeli friend who was here during 7/7 in England, and he couldn’t believe people went to the pub at breaktime to listen to the PM speak about the morning’s attacks. I think his words were ‘what’s all the fuss about? It’s just the one attack’. He didn’t mean it disrespectfully or anything – he genuinely was so used to terror that this sort of thing didn’t even ‘register’ anymore.

I don’t beleive Netanya is in range of the Qassams though. Regardless, I don’t think that even if they did it would necessarily be a ‘bad’ idea to go and live there. Just don’t burn any bridges – that way you can always go back if you don’t like the experience.

I grew up in Netanya, Israel and lived there from 1988 to 2006. As a kid I’ve been on the receiving end of Scud missiles from Iraq in 1990-1991, terrorist bombings in buses, coffee shops, and shopping malls during the whole time. I want to tell you that a) No, Netanya is not in range of Hamas rockets from the south nor is it in range of Hizbullah rockets from the north – so in the current crisis, Netanya is pretty normal. b) Unfortunately, you are correct that Israelis grew accustomed to terrorism. The main shopping mall in Netanya, where I spent many hours in the movies or with friends as a teenager was attacked by suicide bombers !!!3!!! times in a row. But still, people kept going. In Israel, security was so tight during that time, that it was extremely difficult for anyone to succeed in any attacks. More recently however, Israeli security forces learned that it’s better to take the security measures to the enemy – and as a result, you can have lax security in mall entrances and still get no attacks.

davidjoel: I would suggest living near the center of Netanya – there are many studio apartment hotels. When I was in the IDF I lived in one such room for a year. It was in a place called “Galey Ruth” hotel on David Hamelech (king David) street in Netanya. I paid around 1500NIS a month, which included everything… it is the equivalent of about $400. The main advantage was that it was in the center of town, so you could walk to any businesses you needed (supermarket, laundry place) and it was literally 2 minutes walking distance from one of the best beaches outside the Caribbean. If you want real hardcore training, I would suggest trying Haim Gideon’s gym, or Gabi Noah’s gym. They’re both in Netanya, but you might need to grab a taxi for the first. Let me know if you have anyyyy questions. If I don’t answer, email me to niznash at g mail dot com – I don’t frequent this forum that much since I’m not training due to a neck injury.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: