Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Looking for Krav Maga recommendations

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello All,

I’m a journalist writing a short intro to Krav Maga article for Details magazine in New York. (I took my first Level 1 class last night at Krav Maga Academy in Manhattan; I was impressed.) As part of the piece, I have to compile a short “sidebar” of good/best krav maga programs in the U.S. I know, it will be necessarily short, subjective, partial, etc. but I’d still like some recommendations from the on-line KM community. My personal experience extends only to the one class at KM Academy (run by Matan Gavish) and a phone interview with Roy Elghanayan at KMLA in Santa Monica. Also, I welcome any nominations for best KM-inspired fight scene in the movies. I have taken note of some from an earlier thread: Enough, the Bourne films, etc. Not sure anyone mentioned The Debt which I saw and enjoyed, the film and the training sequence. BTW: my e-mail is: [email protected] Thanks!

bear34

Re: Looking for Krav Maga recommendations

quote krav journalist:

Hello All,

I’m a journalist writing a short intro to Krav Maga article for Details magazine in New York. (I took my first Level 1 class last night at Krav Maga Academy in Manhattan; I was impressed.) As part of the piece, I have to compile a short “sidebar” of good/best krav maga programs in the U.S. I know, it will be necessarily short, subjective, partial, etc. but I’d still like some recommendations from the on-line KM community. My personal experience extends only to the one class at KM Academy (run by Matan Gavish) and a phone interview with Roy Elghanayan at KMLA in Santa Monica. Also, I welcome any nominations for best KM-inspired fight scene in the movies. I have taken note of some from an earlier thread: Enough, the Bourne films, etc. Not sure anyone mentioned The Debt which I saw and enjoyed, the film and the training sequence. BTW: my e-mail is: [email protected] Thanks!

You might want to make ontact with the Zut and Gidon groups since they have a strong presence in NYC. They are very traditional KM from what I hear.

OK, thanks.

shinyfluff

The Krav Maga official Training Center in Pompano, Florida is amazing. I just started there after looking at a few diff schools. This place is run really well and they are very focused on technique and proper training.

stuartf

The Bourne movies actually use Kali/Eskrima http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskrima

Special Ops http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1237373/ features Krav and stars KMWW Black Belt A. J. Draven.

I think Krav doesn’t show up in a lot of movies because it lacks a lot of theatrical flourishes, and the emphasis on attacking and defending simultaneously make it difficult to show everything that’s happening.

reuven

I am going to Israel for the summer and I would like to know the best places to look for Krav Maga training for a bout two months and the cost range if known. Thanks to any that help.

jl

Reuven,
    I would suggest you go to Wingate Academy and tell them what you’re there for. There are several top instructors and you’ll get some good backdrop info from the people there. Good Luck!!!

danielos

I also suggest you go to the Wingate institute, it is in Netanya. There are a few different schools in Netanya to anyway and it is a very nice place.

donjon
    Blocked

good to know that

reuven

Thank you both JL and Danielos for the suggestion! I will look more into going there!

joseph-kor

Reuven, if you havn’t yet to figure what are the exact locations of the places then allow me to help:

There’s an KM club located in Netanya at the Ben-Zion 21 Street.

Wingate institution is located west of the coast (road num 2). if you coming from tel-aviv – To get there you drive about 2k’m to netanya then drive back by using poleg interchange and making a circuit. it’ll be from your right.

Wingate phone is *3063
    I can give you the actual phones of the KM instructors in pm if you wish.

reuven

Thanks for all the info Joseph that’s great! I was just wondering a few things about the two schools. I looked up pictures of the Wingate Institution and it looks very nice, but I am looking for a place where I can stay and train after classes are over. I want to be pushed and get as much training in as much as I can for the duration of my 2 month stay and was wondering if these schools are definitely the places for that? Thanks for all information!

fightingfit

Reuven: As a local, I would recommend Krav Maga Tel Aviv for Krav Maga training in Israel. Let us know how you go.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: