Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Looking for wrestiling shoes. Any suggestions?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

I need to get new wrestling shoes, but it seems hard to find a store that has a good selection. Does anyone know a good store in or around Los Angeles?

I know many people order them over the internet, but it seems unless you know exactly what you are looking for it would be hard to chose the right pair.

What kind of wrestling shoes are you all wearing? A lot of people seem to like the Adidas ones. But which ones? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!

progress

Eastbay.com has the best selection and the best pricing on wrestling shoes (I did an extensive search). It is a matter of personal preference with regard to which shoe to purchase, I like the addidas. I know they have a very helpful customer service department so check them out and give them a call.
    Good Luck!

la-revancha

http://www.suplay.com

Amazon also has a good selection at reasonable prices. While you can never go wrong with Asics, I find that Adidas brand tend be more \”breathable\”, and therefore can dry easier after long training sessions. Nike’s are aethetically pleasing, but some of them are as breathable as denim.

I have worn each brand through phase training, and the Adidas were the only ones that were wearable afterwards.

Good luck.

anonymous

Thanks guys! I’ll try those internet places.

The Asics seem to be the only ones they have at regular sport stores. I’ve used them before, but didn’t like them too much. They felt fine at the store, but when I trained in them for any longer period of time my toes were starting to get really sore. They seemed to rub too much against the relatively rough inner sole of the shoes. It got better with time, right now the shoes are totally worn and my toes don’t get sore, but now I need to replace the shoes. So, I hope the Adidas ones would be better in that regard (no sore feet).

anonymous

Has anyone tried using boxing shoes instead of wrestling shoes? There seem to be some mid-height ones that actually look very similar to wrestling shoes and may even be cheaper.

I take regular Krav Maga classes as well as fighting and ground fighting, so they should ideally work for all of those things.

Any experiences good or bad with boxing shoes for that type of training?

wyatt9696

anyone here wear these shoes: http://www.karatedepot.com/cl-sh-09.html

i’ve heard some good things about them, but don’t know of anyone who wears them. any help is appreciated. if you do own a pair, what are your impressions, regarding support and sizing. thanks all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: