Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books looking for youtube video

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Some of you guys are a little better at youtube research then me. Anyone have a link to the video showing someone grabbing the slide when the gun goes off and their hands not getting chewed up? I keep getting the same comments all the time about our gun defenses not working because grabbing the slide will tear up your hand.

Thanks!

tzrider

Re: looking for youtube video

This is a decent article with a link to video clips showing exactly what you’re asking about. The article concludes that holding the slide during discharge is not painful. You don’t want any part of your hand behind the slide or in front of the barrel (obviously).

http://www.shoshindo.org/Archives/i%20Nov%20newsletter10/Gun%20Grabbin%20Fun.html

FWIW, I have a friend who is a SWAT commander, has performed similar tests and draws the same conclusion.

stevetuna

We played with simunitions to test gun from the front at a LE cert. The rule was that the defender got set in neutural stance. The gunman pulled the trigger the moment that he saw the defender move. Thirty-five shots were fired, 33 successful defenses (in fairness, one guy panicked and shot my buddy Rick prior to a move). No issues with the slide tearing up any hands.

The defense works. End o’ story.

Sad to say, no video… It was a great day of realistic training.

gwalsh-d92

I seem to remember someone posting similar vids on this forum.
    Sorry, i’m not very facetube savy either.

There’s a video of me doing it on the SVKM youtube channel.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

found it at about 1:15

Awesome training! Thx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlbEC4UcK4k

hicklinc
    unstpabl1

I’m prettry sure there is an older thread here with it on. i remember having to look it up a while back to send to a san soo master in Tennessee. Chuck Cory who use to own Valley Martial Arts and teach out of what is now North HWD KENPO

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: